Being sick sucks...

Mr. Doug

Gorilla
So I got a bunch of cool cigars last week that I was all pumped to try last weekend...and then I couldn't for a few reasons. O-Well...there is always lunchtime during the work-week.

Then today I woke up with a sore throat...compliments of my 13mo son.

I tried a petite corona after lunch...couldn't do it.

This is the first time I've been real sick while being a "real" cigar smoker.

It gets all of us atleast once a year. Take it easy and rest up...your cigars will enjoy the rest and extra aging time! :D

So I got a bunch of cool cigars last week that I was all pumped to try last weekend...and then I couldn't for a few reasons. O-Well...there is always lunchtime during the work-week.

Then today I woke up with a sore throat...compliments of my 13mo son.

I tried a petite corona after lunch...couldn't do it.

This is the first time I've been real sick while being a "real" cigar smoker.

Smoking while sick will definitley slow down your healing. You'll be back to your peak sooner, and be able to enjoy your cigars again sooner, if you wait. Hope you feel better soon!

Yeah, I thought of the additional 'rest' for the sticks would be a good thing. I'm just going to take it easy for a week or so and then give it a whirl.

I'm not "super" sick by any stretch...just coughing about every 2-3min so the pipes are a little raw.

Thanks for to kind wishes though...

Get better. I always like to buy some extra sticks while sick. Keeps me in the game and lifts my spirits.

When you think you are just about ok, give it an extra day. It seems like I always push it and end up with a longer recovery.

I feel your pain...got my first CC from a very generous BOTL last week and am so eager to try it I can't stop staring at the humidor like starving man seeing a cracker. Unfortunately I have been sick from a flu shot I got early last week and am so damn congested I can't smoke (well I could but I wouldn't enjoy it). I am currently on antibiotics so by this weekend it will be armageddon day for that poor little Ramon Allones...:ss

Can't help but get sick with kiddos around! Sorry to hear you can not enjoy a nice stogie. Hope you recover quickly! I hear alcohol helps sore throats!!!! heheh

~DUCK

Back