Best 601

roarknumber1

ChestBeater
I've been on the fence with these for some time now. I keep seeing them on Cbid and intend to buy a box, but before I do, I'd like some opinions.

Which is your favorite?

Sometimes you can get 5 packs cheaper on there then going for boxes.

I say get a fiver of each.

I've only had the black but I love those. :D

IMO ..

I've had them all, and the red label isn't bad, but if I was going to buy 601's I would only put money on the green label (oscuro). Don't waste your time with the blue label (maduro), bleh.

The red label i smoked today tasted fantastic, but the wrapper didn't hold up that well. Big chunks of wrapper kept falling off all the way through. Binder stayed together though, and i was able to nub it.

The only 601 that I care to buy is the blue label maduro. While I've never purchased more than one at a time, if I saw a good special on a box, I might consider it. The other 601's just don't do much for me. However, to be fair, I've only tried the others one time.

I've had both the red and the green(oscuro). I think they are both excellent and it would be hard for me to give an edge either way. If I HAD to choose, I would probably go with which ever one I could get the best deal on. If you like the JJ maduros I think you would definitely like the green labels.

I've had both the red and the green(oscuro). I think they are both excellent and it would be hard for me to give an edge either way. If I HAD to choose, I would probably go with which ever one I could get the best deal on. If you like the JJ maduros I think you would definitely like the green labels.

:tpd: but a buddy of mine swears by the blues

I prefer the Reds (habano wrapper; these are great with a heavenly aroma, but can have a fragile wrapper at times on certain batches just like the Cuban Classics), Blacks (Conn. wrapper with a Nic filler and binder; one of the best Conn. wrapped sticks around and extremely flavorful) and then the Green Label Oscuros (however, I'm not real taken with these and I don't find them that strong either) in that order. Lastly, the Blue Label boxed pressed maduro (not really a fan of box pressing) I didn't find that impressive and they have a slight metallic nuance and sometimes a tough draw. I would pass on the Blue Label maduros IMO.

I really enjoy the black label (connecticut) robusto and the blue label (maduro) robusto - the other vitolas are blah. 601's are not the best sticks on the market, but they're a hell of a lot better than a lot of stuff which cost more.

I've only had the Reds, but they are great. I have a sampler pack resting for another month or so then I'll dig in and see which is my favorite. :ss

I like the red label (Habano wrapper) as well as the box pressed Maduro

Watch out for the new one called Cubao, it is new and is an excellent smoke.

I just had a blue one last night. I thought it was great, and it seemed to last forever. Only problem was that it burned really funky but I seem to have the same problem with other cigars shaped like it (is this what you guys call box pressed? sorry I'm new). I would buy another one if the burn issue is my fault and fixable.

I just had a blue one last night. I thought it was great, and it seemed to last forever. Only problem was that it burned really funky but I seem to have the same problem with other cigars shaped like it (is this what you guys call box pressed? sorry I'm new). I would buy another one if the burn issue is my fault and fixable.

Yes that is "box pressed". Remember, Pepin advises to store his cigars in the low 60's. That should eliminate the burn problem you had.

Back