Best cigar ever

Scud

Hairy Knuckle Dragger
As most know, we had tornados come through this area on Monday and a few houses were lost and many more were damaged. I got a call on Tuesday from a friend saying his buddy had roof damage on his garage and asked if I could help fix the damage on Saturday, today. I said sure. Insurance had cut him a check, but roofing companies are booked for the next month. I worked through college being a roofer. I hated it, but it was good money.

I show up this morning about 9ish and there were 8 other guys standing there with tool belts, hammers, and a pile of supplies from Home Depot. I took out a cigar and, being the only one who really knew how to roof, handed out the other 5 I'd brought with for the day. Then, we got started. The garage was big...very big. About 30 square, which is pretty damned big. We stripped the old and damaged and then humped everything up while three guys began sheeting. I humped shingles for about an hour, after I told people what to do with the sheeting. 3 bundles was my limit and I did that 8 or 9 times. Never again will I do that.

I said to the guys wife, about noonish "I wish I'd have kept a cigar". If you ever wanna know how 9 guys finish a complete roof in 6 hours, the answer is persistance and fortitude. We finished about 2:45 and the wife had gone to the local B&M and picked up a dozen Opus' for us. I'm not an Opus fan, but that smoke and the Leinenkugel beer I had were amazing. Now, I feel like passing out, but we did it and we helped a brother in need. When the owner found out how much the Opus' cost, he slowed down and started to enjoy his smoke a little more. I shook hands and came home to pass out :tu

No one there had ever smoked an Opus before. They were all loving them. Today goes down as a good day, even though I missed our MoB herf. I couldn't lift my arm to smoke another cigar right now if someone paid me to do it :ss

Just thought I'd share :)

Kudos to you for doing such a generous act! I'm sure even though you're exhausted, it was rewarding work. I know the owner of the house truly appreciates what you did and the cigars were a nice way to finish the day. :tu

Brother... that is a great thing you did to help a friend in need. EVERYTHING is better when you do something good for a friend & your soul. Enjoy your rest... you deserve it!

As most know, we had tornados come through this area on Monday and a few houses were lost and many more were damaged. I got a call on Tuesday from a friend saying his buddy had roof damage on his garage and asked if I could help fix the damage on Saturday, today. I said sure. Insurance had cut him a check, but roofing companies are booked for the next month. I worked through college being a roofer. I hated it, but it was good money.

I show up this morning about 9ish and there were 8 other guys standing there with tool belts, hammers, and a pile of supplies from Home Depot. I took out a cigar and, being the only one who really knew how to roof, handed out the other 5 I'd brought with for the day. Then, we got started. The garage was big...very big. About 30 square, which is pretty damned big. We stripped the old and damaged and then humped everything up while three guys began sheeting. I humped shingles for about an hour, after I told people what to do with the sheeting. 3 bundles was my limit and I did that 8 or 9 times. Never again will I do that.

I said to the guys wife, about noonish "I wish I'd have kept a cigar". If you ever wanna know how 9 guys finish a complete roof in 6 hours, the answer is persistance and fortitude. We finished about 2:45 and the wife had gone to the local B&M and picked up a dozen Opus' for us. I'm not an Opus fan, but that smoke and the Leinenkugel beer I had were amazing. Now, I feel like passing out, but we did it and we helped a brother in need. When the owner found out how much the Opus' cost, he slowed down and started to enjoy his smoke a little more. I shook hands and came home to pass out :tu

No one there had ever smoked an Opus before. They were all loving them. Today goes down as a good day, even though I missed our MoB herf. I couldn't lift my arm to smoke another cigar right now if someone paid me to do it :ss

Just thought I'd share :)

All I have to say is that's what it is all about...this will be a day that all 9 guys will remember. Many props Scud! :tu:tu:tu

By the power invested in me. I appoint you Ambassador of Cigars from Everywhere. You spread the joy of cigars to many people and advanced the reputation of cigar smokers. Well done my Brother.:tu

Good work sir...you are a gentleman. 3 bundles of shingles per trip? You're a beast! Bundles of shingles are damn heavy.

Wow! What a wonderful thing for you to have done. Especially these days when it seems that many have on their minds every possibility for making a crisis "somebody elses problem". Congratulations, I bet it feels great to have done something like that for a neighbor.

That's great! Nothing like working as a team to accomplish a great goal and then relaxing to enjoy it after.

My whole friggin body hurts. I've fallen asleep twice and have no interest in the game because I can't keep my eyes open, and I am a Packer fan.

The day was great. Not one person took a break and all phones were left in trucks/cars. Thanks for the kind words from everyoen, but we only did what everyone should/would do. :tu :ss I so want a 'gar, but it'd hurt to light it.

You know its great as alot of the other guys have said - you helped someone in need (always a good thing) and two you promote and champion our lifestyle (mainly the stogies).

Good for you man!

Props for helping a friend in need.:tu

It'd be a great world if everyone was willing to help a brother in need, but sadly that is not the case.

A couple of the guys and I were talking about the camaradarie between the people on this forum and how generous they can be at our Herf. You sir are a fine example of a BOTL.

What is amazing about this story and other then the incredible service you provided you friend :tu the wife brought you OPusXs. Now, maybe she knew her cigars, perhaps not. Or maybe she asked the keeper at the B&M give me twelve of your best cigars. Either way, this was a cool story.

Back