Best Non Brand Stogie

Cigary

Gorilla
I know that most of us on here have our "Go To" internet source where we purchase our stogies and where we also have "tried" their brand name cigars. Whether it be Holts, Famous, Thompson, Tampa Humidor et al they usually are tempting us with their own brand,,,,,as I have done in the past. Most are not that great but others seem to have something going for them. There are those who tout that a particular brand is the equivalent of a Fuente or Partagas or other name brand,,,,,have any of you come across a particular store brand that you thought was a good cigar and continue to buy even now? These particular smokes are usually quite a bit less and this would be a great forum to list not only what brand they are but how they smoked and all relative info so the rest of us can "skip" the bad ones and go straight to the head of the non brand class.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated by those of us who enjoy a good cigar,,,no matter where it comes from and the cheaper the better.:tu

Check out Txmatt's Cheap Smokes thread.
I did read a lot of these and some were always talking about the 'brand' name cigars while others would mention the non brand. Guess I was trying to get an easy answer but know that one man's easy answer is another mans lengthy process,,,,guess the journey is all about the search.

Outside of Holts, I don't smoke many house brands since I can get a name brand for the same or less money. Examples are Flor de Oliva natural and maduro can be had for less than $2 per cigar. These are from the Oliva family of cigars. Another example is GR Specials for less than $2 per cigar. They come from the folks who make the Gran Habano cigars. I also smoke cigars made just for one vendor such as the Rocky Patel Honduran Blend which is made just for Famous Cigars. These cigars are liable to be much more expensive than no name cigars. Many of those cigars that seem to be name brands in Matt's thread are actually cigars that are exclusive to one vendor, generally Holts.

The Cigar.com Cameroon is good mild but tasty smoke. It is defiantly one dimensional but that dimension is good.

De La Concha in Manhattan has an awesome house blend. I also enjoyed the Maduro house blend over at Tainos too.

Back