Best surpruse of 04'

partagaspete

I Do Medical Things
I was thinking last night as I smoked my newly arrived Torano 1916 corana that this little number clearly exceeded my expectations when I bought my first one at the Base shoppette a few month earlier. I was wondering what NC's out there suprised some of my fellow Lowlanders?

BTW this thing went great with a Guinness at the local pub.

El Rey del Mundo said:
Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion...

I agree w/ ERDM - JDN celebration. I liked the churchill and toros, but the coronas are a little "off". Maybe they just need a little more time.
The churchills I left sit for 3 months first. MAN were those good!

Alec Bradley Pryme series

Terrible name, ugliest band in the business, and a rather butchered cap; but the smoke is tremendous, and will probably age well.

The Puros Indios Maximus Reverva was another revelation for me, after being grossed out by every Puros Indios I had smoked

partagaspete said:
I was thinking last night as I smoked my newly arrived Torano 1916 corana that this little number clearly exceeded my expectations when I bought my first one at the Base shoppette a few month earlier. I was wondering what NC's out there suprised some of my fellow Lowlanders?

BTW this thing went great with a Guinness at the local pub.

The Celebracion didn't do it for me...

...maybe I got a bad one.

I need a more affordable smoke in my life. I'll have to try it again.

El Rey del Mundo said:
Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion...

floydp said:
Flor de Oliva nat for me. cheap and pretty good,less than a buck a stick!!

Yeah, I'll reach for one of those instead of something supposedly a lot better because I want one. Don't leave home without one.

Ah Yes!!!! The good old FdO. These are great smokes. I just ordered from Holt's a box of the FdO 10th Aniiversary Torpedo's. They are like an aged FdO. Just a much better version of an already great cigar.

Re: The Celebracion didn't do it for me...

magno said:
...maybe I got a bad one.

I need a more affordable smoke in my life. I'll have to try it again.

You must have gotten a bad one... I smoked one with a friend today (he smoked one too). Very good cigar even better then I remember it last time...

Wow, this one had me thinking hard, great topic!

I can't list just one; sorry. However I will limit my list to 5 cigars that were simply great suprises that I tried for the first time this year :w :

El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Oscuro
Punch Grand Puro Rancho
CAO Brazilia Gol
Sancho Panza Double Madruro Don Quixote
Bucanero Salsa

-Matt-

For me, it's the JL Salazar Torps. Yummm! I should also mention that I've gotten over my JdN Antano anxiety. These are really starting to work for me.

As for bundles: all I've got to say is Cubanidad. They're a little more expensive than the FdO bundles but for my tastes these are fantastic for the price (and IMO better but YMMV). Seriously -- give them a try!

My biggest surprise smoke of this year was the Partagas Black. I didn't expect the flavor and power that this line packs. I was really impressed and quickly ran out and got more for the humi.

I was also impressed by the Torano Exodus Silver line. Now I know a lot of people aren't too fond of this line, they prefer the Gold, but I thought the smoke held its own pretty well. I enjoyed the nutty caramel-like flavor that came with the torpedo size. What's interesting is that so many people got entirely different flavor profiles from this line. Out of all the reviews I've read on it hardly any people have experienced the same type of flavor. So I wouldn't call it a consitent line but its good none the less.

I will have to go with CAO Italia Ciao! The flavor and the cigar itself supprised me not a good as CAo Brazilia Gol! In any case it is surprisingly good.

Partagas Black.

I'd have to agree. I was hesitant at first because of the hype of a possible novelty product but I enjoyed it greatly. It has the solid maduro taste and great smoke life.

I'd have to say that I found a good inexpensive smoke in Sancho Panza this year. I don't think it is a new one but it was new to my local Goddess of the Smoke. Here, in Michigan, it is about $3 a stick.

Puros said:
I'd have to agree. I was hesitant at first because of the hype of a possible novelty product but I enjoyed it greatly. It has the solid maduro taste and great smoke life.

I'd have to say that I found a good inexpensive smoke in Sancho Panza this year. I don't think it is a new one but it was new to my local Goddess of the Smoke. Here, in Michigan, it is about $3 a stick.

I was also suprised by the Cabalerros, I was just blown away by the Torano.

floydp said:
Flor de Oliva nat for me. cheap and pretty good,less than a buck a stick!!
I'm just curious, May I ask where do you get them? I'm not a bulk shopper so you don't have to worry about me cutting into your supply! :D
Thanks
Ed

Back