Best way to lower humidity?

Mystophales

Heavy Metal Jesus
What is the best way to get over humidified cigars back to normal?

A couple three weeks ago I had a issue with water in my basement (where I keep my smokes) and they became quite spongy. I took them to dry ground and have been trying to bring them back slowly.

All I have been doing so far is keeping my cooler open until the humidity level on the hygro drops to 50 and then closing it back up. I have kept the beads in the cooler (65% heartfelt beads).

The smokes still seem spongy after 2 weeks of this however...:mad:

Of my MANY, MANY virtues :)D) apparently patience is not one of them.

Any suggestions will certainly be appreciated.

Put your beads in a WARM oven until they turn opaque(not clear). They are either over-saturated or not enough of them or both.

Just leave them (beads) out for a while. If it got rH got excessive it may take a while for it to level out. I wouldn't open and keep open but I might open frequently and move to the driest place in the house - especially away from the kitchen where you boil water, etc.

Here's an idea. Buy a bunch more cigars and put them in there and let them draw some of the humidity... :D

Just leave them (beads) out for a while. If it got rH got excessive it may take a while for it to level out. I wouldn't open and keep open but I might open frequently and move to the driest place in the house - especially away from the kitchen where you boil water, etc.

Here's an idea. Buy a bunch more cigars and put them in there and let them draw some of the humidity... :D

:tpd: good advice

hmmm stimulus check for cigars or new roof on the house...I can't decide...:r

Wait wait...the wife has decided for me...oddly enough not in my favor...:D

Put a small container of damp rid in the cooler. It will pull out the excess humidity and even bring down your beads if they are overcharged. You should see a 2-3% decrease overnight. The damp rid is designed to become inactive at 60% RH so you don't have to worry about it sucking the cooler dry. A bathroom sized dixie cup 1/2 full is enough to do a 150ct humi. If you do use a dixie cup double cup it because water will accumulate in the bottom of the cup and after 5 or 6 days the cup will get soggy.

Put a small container of damp rid in the cooler. It will pull out the excess humidity and even bring down your beads if they are overcharged. You should see a 2-3% decrease overnight. The damp rid is designed to become inactive at 60% RH so you don't have to worry about it sucking the cooler dry. A bathroom sized dixie cup 1/2 full is enough to do a 150ct humi. If you do use a dixie cup double cup it because water will accumulate in the bottom of the cup and after 5 or 6 days the cup will get soggy.

Hey this is gold! Never heard of this stuff, where would one go to buy it? :tu

edit: I see that it can be purchased from there web site

blow dry the beads on low heat till they turn white... that should suck up the extra humidity in the humi or you can just dry box them for a couple hours before you smoke them...

i also like the damp rid idea too...

Back