Better then the Oasis?

I have one in my Tower of Power humidor. I've never tried the oasis but I've been pretty happy with the Hydra. I use it and two pounds of beads and after a week of seasoning and a week of stabilizing once I put the cigars in, things are hunky dory. Very happy with the purchase. :tu

I have an OASIS and the biggest problem I have is its accuracy. I have put two different remote hygrometers to compare and it's about 2.5 % off. No big deal except that when I switch to battery power it's about 4% off the other way. I guess it's a minor inconvenience but it would be nice to have the ability to calibrate the Oasis. Also the Hydra is about $10 cheaper. I think I would have went with the Hydra had I known.

I have an OASIS and the biggest problem I have is its accuracy. I have put two different remote hygrometers to compare and it's about 2.5 % off. No big deal except that when I switch to battery power it's about 4% off the other way. I guess it's a minor inconvenience but it would be nice to have the ability to calibrate the Oasis. Also the Hydra is about $10 cheaper. I think I would have went with the Hydra had I known.

:tpd: I agree 100%... I love my Oasis but would have bought this unit if it would have came out first. The idea you can calibrate it is great.

:tpd: I agree 100%... I love my Oasis but would have bought this unit if it would have came out first. The idea you can calibrate it is great.

Sounds awesome, i may have to look into the hydra when i buy my cabinet, which will be SOON! haha
I'll be sure to post what i think, id be great to try the 2 to see which one works the best... but.. Give me another year ;)

I have one in my Tower of Power humidor. I've never tried the oasis but I've been pretty happy with the Hydra. I use it and two pounds of beads and after a week of seasoning and a week of stabilizing once I put the cigars in, things are hunky dory. Very happy with the purchase. :tu

Just out of curiosity, why would you need the Hydra AND beads?

Looks solid! added advantage is you don't need replacement cartridges compared to the cigar oasis.

I have both the Oasis and the Hydra. Love the Hydra, hate the Oasis.

1) The Hydra is very easy to fill with water due to its large opening on top.
2) The Hydra is accurate out of the box and can be adjusted if not
3) The Hydra fan output is much more powerful than the Oasis
4) The Hydra optional hookup is great for larger cabinet humidor..serious air movement. I bought the external hookup unit and 1 additional fan, way too much air movement for my "nightstand size" humidor.
5) The Hydra has constant humidity readout...Oasis does not
6) The Hydra has audible alarm...Oasis does not
7) The Hydra is a better overall value with its additional features

As stated before, I would not have bought the Oasis if the Hydra was available at the same time.

I'm replacing all of my Oasis with the Hydra.

i have both. if the active system fails the passive system is there. both run at 65% perfectly and the hydra helps the unit recouperate faster than just beads by themselves.

What he said. I have a whole lot of money invested in what is in the cabinet so whats a few extra bucks for the safety. Besides the beads do remove excess moisture, though it's rarely too humid here.

In my opinion it beats out the Cigar Oasis if only for the calibratable hygrometer that is built in to the unit. You can calibrate it so you know the level it is maintaining is correct.

I was asked by the manufacturer to test the prototype and did so for about 6 months. I was impressed with the accuracy of the unit and the accessories that they offer. You can daisy chain the unit with other units if you have a very large humidor.

I carry the unit and its accessories at my web store, take a look.

Hydra Active Humidifier

I bought mine from heartfelt and absolutely love it. I love ability to hook up the fans to run whenever the hydra runs. Its nice to be able to move the air around my cooler a little more with them.

In my opinion it beats out the Cigar Oasis if only for the calibratable hygrometer that is built in to the unit. You can calibrate it so you know the level it is maintaining is correct.

I was asked by the manufacturer to test the prototype and did so for about 6 months. I was impressed with the accuracy of the unit and the accessories that they offer. You can daisy chain the unit with other units if you have a very large humidor.

I carry the unit and its accessories at my web store, take a look.

Hydra Active Humidifier

Wow thanks alot everyone, and especially to you Vip!
Ill be ordering my large humidor, but buying the unit from you ;)
Very glade i posted this, might be helping out alot of people interested in.. BUmping up :ss

I bought mine from heartfelt and absolutely love it. I love ability to hook up the fans to run whenever the hydra runs. Its nice to be able to move the air around my cooler a little more with them.

:tpd:

Air circulation is a good thing. It also helps to boost the humi after the door has been open.:2

Back