Bidding Etiquette

catfishm2

Sneaky Bombin Bastage
A lot of us here seem to be parting with our money over at cbid, some for the very first time. I was wondering what everyones ideas were when it comes to bidding against others from CS. The reason I ask this is because I found myself in a situaton last week where I ended up bidding on a lot against a fellow member(Frank) and didn't realize it until after the fact. Fortunately we both won. But I did feel bad about the whole situation

I know there's a place for comments, but to be honest I rarely look at them and I don't post comments myself. The last thing I would want to do is try and take something from a fellow member or start a bidding war. I was just wondering what others thoughts were on this. I know most of you only by your ID here, so that makes it the more difficult. Thanks.

I for one wouldn'n care if you or anyone else here were bidding against me cuz there will always be more cigars :D

I think that if you had to avoid CS users who have already bid on something then you would almost never be bidding.

When in an auction it's every man for himself.
If you lose a cbid auction the same thing will be up again in a couple days. It is not a big deal to lose.

I had a similar situation where I knocked Frank down the list.....didn't realize it was him til after I bid. He was still on after I bid, but someone else knocked him off. I apologized to him later, but Frank was gracious (as usual) & told me it was no big deal.

If I see a CS monkey on there it will give me even more reason to knock that person off...and specially if Frank is on there, I would bid even if I didn't like what i was bidding on:D

j/k of course

While I tend to fall into the "everyone bid and let the chips fall where they may" category, when I see someone who appears to be headed for a great bargain, my instinct is sit it out and hope they get it. As has been noted, there are always more auctions and more cigars. And great bargains are fun, no matter who is enjoying the smokes.

Back