Billy Connolly talks about the tobacco police

Re: Billy Connoly talks about the tobacco police

I've always liked his humour, thanks for the link.:D

Re: Billy Connoly talks about the tobacco police

Awesome thanks for posting that, loved him in Boondock Saints :D

It's funny and so very true,,,if I could count the number of times I have had people come up to me and tell me to quit smoking my cigar,,,and I am in a smoking section away from most people except those who are smoking cigarettes. While they are puffing away on theirs, they ask me to put mine out to which I have always replied back,,"Where on your person would you like me to put my cigar out?",,,to which they always had a rude comment of some sort and I just sat there puffing harder. I respect my boundaries where I smoke and will not usually be confrontational unless I meet someone who is just being beligerant. The cell phones,,,that again is a whole other deal as I wish the stupid things had never been invented as we were doing just fine with the pagers.:ss

Bleh, I've taken to handing them the wrapper with price tag on it, and telling them that's what it's cost them for me to put it out. Cigars cost too much to just toss at some idiots whim. If they complain to management, i'll gladly leave the establishment at their request, damned if i'll pay before i'm done though.

I had a couple cigars with Billy Connolly when I was out in LA last year. Funniest guy I've ever met, I laughed so hard for so long that my stomach hurt the next day. I had tears rolling down my cheeks at several points. It makes it a beyotch to smoke a cigar...

I had a couple cigars with Billy Connolly when I was out in LA last year. Funniest guy I've ever met, I laughed so hard for so long that my stomach hurt the next day. I had tears rolling down my cheeks at several points. It makes it a beyotch to smoke a cigar...

That's incredible, how did you end up meeting him? Do tell all! :)

While they are puffing away on theirs, they ask me to put mine out to which I have always replied back,,"Where on your person would you like me to put my cigar out?",,,to which they always had a rude comment of some sort and I just sat there puffing harder.

That will help peoples already poor view of cigar smokers. Threats of assault?

There are many other ways to achieve your point (some of them even tactfully or verbosely delicious) without them taking your statements as a threat.

That's incredible, how did you end up meeting him? Do tell all! :)

He just happened to be at the Big Easy in Studio City the first night I was out there. He invited me back to hang out with him the next night as well. He spends most of his time in Europe and on his Yacht in the Mediterranean but happened to be back for work reasons.

He was an amazing guy who truly does not act like he has money. He looked all disheveled and was just another one of the guys at any shop you've ever been in. It took me a while to realize who he was and then it was all I could do to keep acting like a little kid.

Reminds me of the time I went out after work while I was out of town working and I pulled out a cigar at the local bar. The drunk woman next to me says, "you're not going to smoke that thing here are you?" And I said to her, I am smoking the cigar are you telling me you don't like the smell? She then says, "it's lit?" Well Duh, I don't believe that I'm on fire and smoking so it must be the cigar. She then says, "that don't smell bad at all." At this point I asked her husband if he would like one too. You would have thought that it was the only positive thing that poor man had ever heard in his life. Bottom line, most people are not offended by a quality cigar. So spread the joy!:D

He just happened to be at the Big Easy in Studio City the first night I was out there. He invited me back to hang out with him the next night as well. He spends most of his time in Europe and on his Yacht in the Mediterranean but happened to be back for work reasons.

He was an amazing guy who truly does not act like he has money. He looked all disheveled and was just another one of the guys at any shop you've ever been in. It took me a while to realize who he was and then it was all I could do to keep acting like a little kid.

Brilliant! Likes cigars, is talented and down-to-earth! :tu

Back