Binghamton Area ?

:eevis

ChestBeater
Just wonering if anybody here is from the Bighamton Area. If so, where do you get your Cigars. Have you heard anything about the new shop/lounge, Red Snapper Cigar company. I was golfing with a guy today who hadn't even heard of it, and it opend last week. Just looking for some input. Thanks

PS Their website is www.redsnappercigars.com

Thanks for any input
Lee

I'm from Scranton and it might be worth the trip. Looks kind of cool. That said I noticed something funny about their Cohiba picture in their Cigars list.

I just went in yesterday, and they are still waiting on getting more than 50% of there inventory. I met one of the owners when i stopped by, and he invited me to a private party they were having there to celebrate their opening, but unfortunately, i wasn't able to go. But what i saw of the place it was beautiful. The walk in Cedar lined humidor is great!!

Cool. Im a little north of there (Norwich n.y), but I get down to the Binghamton area once in a while. Looking forward to checking it out based on your review!

Let me know how it turns out. I work for The Raymond Corporation in Greene and get up that way often. We always stay in Binghamton.:tu

I checked out Red Snapper too on the day it opened and also talked with one of the owners at length for quite a while. He informed me that they also have ran an online humidor/accessory company for a few years. They definitely know what they are doing. The humidor and decor of the lounge was beautiful, really worth checking out. I also couldn't go to the party that night.

I tried to go back a few times since to check out the store again but it was closed. I went on a tuesday around 2 but the posted store hours said they weren't open until 4, and I had to work. So I tried to go back today since the sign said they open at 11am. I went around 1pm and they weren't open and the sign with the hours had been taken down.

I'm sure they will figure there hours out soon though as the shop is still new. With a little bit of advertising to get there name out there, this place could be a hit. Can't wait to go back again, though this time I will go at night.

Thanks :eevis for letting me know about this place a while back.

Damn! I never knew there were people on here in that area... I grew up in Johnson City and get down there a few times a year (at least once or twice a year I play at the oakdale mall)... hell, I was there last Saturday (Binghamton, not the mall).

Next time I'm going down there, I'll post something about it... it'd be cool to meet up with some people from there!

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. It's been a long time coming but yes, we're finally open in Endicott, NY. We're trying to get a good feel for the cigars people would like to see in the walk-in so please let us know. We've just added a cigar review to the website which takes a humorous approach to reviewing the new stogies we get in every week. Be sure to check it out. Thursday nights are our big "Speak-Easy" nights and everyone on here is invited down.

Thanks again for the warm welcome,

Nate

Back