Blank Cigar Bands

bonggoy

token
Is it safe to use an ordinary printer paper as a cigar band? If not, is there a specific type of paper that I should use that won't harm the cigars?

Ronnie

bonggoy said:
Is it safe to use an ordinary printer paper as a cigar band? If not, is there a specific type of paper that I should use that won't harm the cigars?

Ronnie

Use it all the time to lable cigars and hold it on with a small piece of Scotch tape.

doctorcue said:
You could always get these:

Heartfelt Accessories

:tpd: I got those just cause I got tired of cutting up little strips to tape in place. Those have a glue that will only stick to itself - I tried and it will not stick to the cigar - and they come off real easy.

Ron

bonggoy said:

Ronnie

I'm sure it's fine for the short term, even the scotch tape, but I certainly wouldn't want it on my sticks long term. The paper could have a high acid content, and of course the adhesive might leave some solvents on the wrapper.

Made my own bands with a design for graduation this week, just regular photo paper to make it glossy and scotch tape to hold it together.

par said:
heartfelds bands are really nice and inexpensive.

I second that....I have been using them for a while now and it just doesn't get any easier or cheaper.
Besides, you get to deal with Viper....win, win situation.

Viper139 said:
FYI...the paper my bands are made out of is also acid free.
Viper139,
Just got my order of blank cigar bands, thanks. That was super fast.. One question if you will, is there a gauge these bands will not fit?

Thanks for all your support.
Frank

Viper139 said:
FYI...the paper my bands are made out of is also acid free.

I ended up ordering the 500 ct bands from heartfelt. Too much for my needs right now but looks like a better alternative than a printer paper.

fpkjr said:
Viper139,
Just got my order of blank cigar bands, thanks. That was super fast.. One question if you will, is there a gauge these bands will not fit?

Thanks for all your support.
Frank

As long as a portion of the twao parts of the glue touch they will work. Some of the very small sizes the glue on the bands won't work because they dont touch, I use an Avery return address label to secure them.

Viper139 said:
Some of the very small sizes the glue on the bands won't work because they dont touch, I use an Avery return address label to secure them.
You must get asked that question quite a bit..:r
Nice product, thank you.
Frank

Back