Blazer Z-Plus

gregnash

Young Chimp
Has anyone had any experience with these. I am thinking of picking one up from Cigarmony.com as they are only $11 and I would love to keep my old engraved dragon zippo case for it to slide into. I am in the process of looking for a decent/good butane lighter for around the price of $30-$40 and hear that the Blazer PB-207 are great so I am hoping that I get the same quality (not necessarily same fuel storage) with it.

Thanks in advance!!
Here is the link for those interested.
http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=32

Has anyone had any experience with these. I am thinking of picking one up from Cigarmony.com as they are only $11 and I would love to keep my old engraved dragon zippo case for it to slide into. I am in the process of looking for a decent/good butane lighter for around the price of $30-$40 and hear that the Blazer PB-207 are great so I am hoping that I get the same quality (not necessarily same fuel storage) with it.

You yourself mentioned the 3 things I would tell you.

They are inexpensive - almost to the point of being a no-brainer.

If you have a Zippo that you like the Blazer insert lets you convert it for cigar use easily.

IMHO the only down side is the capacity - not the best but sufficient.

I occasionally have friends over to smoke and have considered getting a few basic Zippos and Blazer inserts to have as 'house lighters'.

Well I have one enroute from Cigarmony.com. So hoppefully I will have it by this weekend to test out. Does anyone know if the Blazers are temperamental with the fuel used. I was just planning on going to the local Walmart to pickup a can of fuel..

Does anyone know if the Blazers are temperamental with the fuel used. I was just planning on going to the local Walmart to pickup a can of fuel..

I would not recommend it... Get a good triple + refined fuel to prevent issues down the road. :ss

I had probs with my first one until I changed to Colibri triple refined fuel. My second one I started right off the bat with Colibri and it has worked fine. Like some lighters, I have to hit it twice to light, but now I am conditioned to do so.

Well looks like I am going to have to try the local smoke shop to see if they sell that triple refined stuff. That or run to Reno to a cigar shop and get it there... Hopefully I can find a place nearby that will stock it because I got my Z-Plus and Palio' this afternoon. Very excited to go try my new toys out... now to get a nice box and put some sticks in it.

I love it! Never run out of fuel, just refill every so-many-days (like a week or maybe 2).

Oh, remember to keep it in your pocket if it gets a bit colder. Than it will work ok too, just not if the temp is to low and you left it in the cold.

Mine took a little tweaking to run right, but since then it's been rock solid.

However to get mine to fit into the zippo case properly I have to shim it with a thick piece of paper. If yours is a little loose you may want to try the same thing.

However to get mine to fit into the zippo case properly I have to shim it with a thick piece of paper. If yours is a little loose you may want to try the same thing.
Another option (which I use) is to put a piece of electrical tape on the side that has the two ridges.. :ss

Back