Bobb and Andrew's combined review of a cheep cigar.

Bobb

je snork donc je suis
Andrew (ScottishSmoker) walked into the cigar shop here about 20 mins ago and said, We should do a combined review of a cheep cigar...Savoy...I'll smoke one if you do." So we grabbed two to review (that rhyms.)

So here we go...our "write as we go" review of the savoy.

Cigar: Savoy Corona Maduro
Origin: Nic
W: Ecuadorian Sumatra
B: Nic
F: Nic

Apperance: Not an ugly cigar. Andrew finds his cigar firm, with a flawless wrapper. No veins. The wrapper on my cigar was alright. A few small veins, but it felt very spongy to the touch. Mine looks kinda like a dark grocery bag. (I guess that's a - 2 points on consistancy ;))

Pre light: We cut these guys with a channle cut. Two snips to make an 'X'. The pre-light draw is nice...not too loose, not to tight. We found the pre-light draw to acctually taste pretty good as well. Sweet and a little leathery.

Light: Lit these babys up with a Xikar. First taste was great, nice sweet maduro foavor...then the after-taste hit....:pu! Andrew found the after-taste quite pungent. I found it very bitter and dirty.

We are about half way through the cigar now: Andrew has expeirenced a matalic, 9 volt battery taste, but now he is finding the taste developing to be more similar to that of a Chateau Fuente Maduro (sidenote...Andrew is not the biggest fan of the Chateau Fuente Maduro...) The taste of my cigar is ranging from moldy wood, to a 74 year old Hershey bar...left in a swamp to marinate.

BTW, The draw and burn of this cigar is flawless. Absolutly perfect. It also has a beatiful white ash. Tons of smoke :ss If this cigar tasted better, it would be a wonderful cigar.

We found out why the burn is perfect. After Andrew grabbed a Xikar pocket knife to cut this guy open...we found out it is a short filler cigar! That explains why I found the burn similar to a Camel Light)

Ok, I can't smoke any more of mine...I am respectfully laying it down to rest.

Overall: 3/10 (Cigar Aficianado would give this guy an 87) This is a cheep cigar. We sell them for $2 a stick here at the shop. It tasted like a cheep cigar...worth much less than $2 a stick here at the shop. The burn and draw was perfect and the taste was dirty; however, I do not want to push anyone away from trying this cigar if you happen to have the urge...it is a well known fact that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Stay tuned for Bobb and Andrews next combined review of a cheep cigar.

Bobb and I are contemplating our next smoke....suggestions are always welcome...I think the next cigar may be either the Arango Sportsman Vanilla or the Savoy again, but in a natural wrapper....

I am glad you guys enjoyed the review....:tu

I guess misery like company.... hhhmmm I think I will pass on these ...:r

Good job guys.

You should record it and send it into DWSC. Maybe they will put it into there show.

Hey Bobbbbb beba, how bout a cremosa cubana to joint review? I'd be happy to get it the hell out of my humidor, ahem, I mean send it to yens for a review. Its been sitting since last year sometime.

BTW that was an awesome review fellers.

Hey Bobbbbb beba, how bout a cremosa cubana to joint review? I'd be happy to get it the hell out of my humidor, ahem, I mean send it to yens for a review. Its been sitting since last year sometime.

BTW that was an awesome review fellers.

Ohhh!! Cremosas with some age on 'em. Those guys should be smoking well in another 2-75 years ;)

Actualy, neither Andrew nor myself have tried a cremosa yet. If you are seriously looking to dump them off, we'd be more than happy to review them :D

Ohhh!! Cremosas with some age on 'em. Those guys should be smoking well in another 2-75 years ;)

Actualy, neither Andrew nor myself have tried a cremosa yet. If you are seriously looking to dump them off, we'd be more than happy to review them :D

pm sent, poor bastages:r

You had better send a waiver with that, Frank! :r

It won't be a waiver Greg, but hopefully it will be something along for the ride that makes the trip to deaths door worthwhile. These fellers got guts and sometimes guts is enough. :r. Because its possible they will be :pu their collective guts out! I'll throw an Iggy in there too.

Great review!!! Could you give a go at the RP Diesel?? Not sure whether they're even available anymore... If not, it's likely because too many guys fell off their chair.

Back