Bobb's review of TWO Cheap Cigars Arango Sportsman(s)

Bobb

je snork donc je suis
Alright...a customer came into the shop today looking for one of the CAO Bella Vanilla cigars...we were out. I then pointed out the Arango Sportsman. We have both the maduro and the natural in stock. The customer asked me what the taste difference was between the two and I had to say "I have no idea"

I will know the difference soon enough!!

I grabbed a natty and a maddy from the humi and I'm about to light these puppies up...both at the same time.

The wrapper on the natural looks like a grocery bag that was left outside through an entire Minnesota winter...then dried off in a microwave. The maduro looks to be a little better quality...but not by much. The pre-light draw on the natural reminds me of that one time I accidentally lit a camel lite backwards...and lit the filter. The Maduro pre-light draw is actually not that bad. Kind of sweet, and much more mild.

I lit the maduro first. Initial taste is VERY mild. The draw is tight, and the flavor very grassy (however I do taste trace amounts of 7 year old burnt Madagascar Vanilla) Perfect white ash and flawless burn. I'm pretty sure this puppy is short filler.

I just lit up the natural now. The draw is MUCH easier...but that unfortunately means I am getting more smoke. The vanilla is much more subtle on this smoke. This cigar has a heavy chemical taste to it and the smoke smells like root beer candy.

I am now trading off between cigars to compare...this is what I think. The maduro is still drawing tight and tasting very mild. The natural is drawing very well, but tasting grassy. The flavor of both smokes is quite mild, actually almost non-existent...but the aftertaste on both comes out of nowhere and stays on your tongue for several minutes. The natural's aftertaste reminds me of un-cooked eggo waffles. The maduro's aftertaste reminds me of bitter month old saltine cracker soaked in dog drool, oh yeah, with hints of 7 year old...

Ok...I give up. I smoked about an inch and a half of both and I cannot do any more. I felt like I needed to try them so I can give an accurate description when asked. I can honestly say that I like the maduro better. A little crappy taste of cigar due to a tight draw is MUCH better that a lot of crappy taste due to a perfect draw.

I think I'm going to graba Surly beer and an Oliva Series O to wash the yuck out of my mouth.

Have a good one all!
~Bobb

Nice review - yeah, i grabbed a CAO Moontrance for my girlfriend - trying to get her to try it. If not, hell....i guess i will do a review on it. :tu

Back