Bock y Ca. Cigars

jbock

Donut Connoisseur
Awhile back, I discovered the existence Bock y Ca. cigars. From what I understand, they were stopped and then started back up again in the late 90's. I have seen one, or two retailers that say they carry them, but have yet to find one who has them in stock.

I really want them, just because of the name (same as my last). My question...Are they still made and if so, who makes them and does anyone know of a dealer who has them in stock?

Thank you all kindly for any assistance.

Jim:ss

JR Cigars owned the brand and brought them back a while ago. They were terrible. Not sure if they're still around, but if they are, JR Cigars should have them.

EDIT: Just checked the JR Cigar website and they aren't listed on the database any longer.

Last edited:
I used to really like them about 5 years ago. My(then) local B&M had them and I bought quite a few....

Would like to try another one now that my tastes have matured and see what I think!

Just got an email response from JR. Said they were not the manufacturer. However, much to my bad luck, they said that the Bock y Ca stocks have been completely depleted.

I managed to find one place online (cannot remember the name of the place though) where they are still selling them. Went to order and they said "backordered". Maybe they will re-open the factory just for me! Or not...Ugh!

I don't know who manufactured the cigars for JR Cigars, but the brand was owned by JR through Cigars Of Santa Clara. Somewhere in my shed I have the JR Cigars catalog that announced the rebirth of the brand. A lot has changed since Altadis bought a majority interest in JR, but Bock for whatever reason seems to be gone...sorry jbock...

I think I may have one of these in my humidor. if I do, you are welcome to it. I will check when I get home tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks for the assistance and the offer. I have found them. Unfortunately, they are in stock in Switzerland. After paying about 200 for a box of 25, then there is the 50 bucks to ship.

Maybe on my next trip to Zurich.....(or should I say, my first trip).

Thanks again!

Jim

Thanks for the assistance and the offer. I have found them. Unfortunately, they are in stock in Switzerland. After paying about 200 for a box of 25, then there is the 50 bucks to ship.

Maybe on my next trip to Zurich.....(or should I say, my first trip).

Thanks again!

Jim

get some of your bock relatives and do a group buy :D Hope you are able to find them cheaper here in the US. I'll keep an eye out for them as well.

HOT DOG!!!!!

Altadis has reintroduced the Bock y Ca and I now have a box of 20 sitting in my humidor!

.....and my parents told me that whining would get me no where. HA! Showed them!!!:bx

My local B&M has a box full of 3 different types of Bock y. Ca. They are always untouched except for one I bought a while back that I just gave away along with the rest of my cigars. I'll be interested to see what my friend thinks of it.

Okay, so I just broke down and decided to smoke one straight outta shipment (after letting it cool for a day or two).

It tasted a bit green and will definitely need to sit in the humidor for some age, but this is a cigar that I could easily turn to for a nice, light, everyday smoke. I hope to be buying more soon. Although not up to par with others I have smoked, it was by no means offensive. It was, in a word...pleasant and relaxing...Damn! That was two words.:ss

My hope is to fill the humi with these and keep one of the section devoted to my higher end smokes for those special occasions.

A few years ago, one of my fav cigars was the Bock Y CA Prominente Oscuro... I was looking at JR the other day and saw they had some new Bock, so bought a couple boxes of the Robusto Larga. I smoked one, also, ott. Wasn't that bad but miss the Oscuro, but for that price, was worth getting. :w

I know this is a dead thread, but I see JR Cigars was running a special on these cigars yesterday. A box of Bock y Ca double robustos for $30.

i had heard a long time ago that they stopped making these. These used to be one of my favorite go-to brands! I loved them for a bargain smoke!

I have gotten in so many new cigars, these have been sitting. This weekend I will light one up and throw something up here.

Jim

How about a little review on these? :tu
I would like to grab a box but would like an unbiased review before...
Thanks.

Back