Bolivar and my very first review. with pictures.

pearson

Gorilla
Bolivar

I saw this on the shelf at my local B&M and thought that I would try something new. I was very pleased with it and will definitely get more, BTW this was my very first tubo along with my very first review so let me know how I did.
dsc01110ux1.jpg

Prelite:
It was very firm with a little resistance to draw, a little more then I like. The wrapper had quite a few veins in it, and was a little rough. i enjoyed this smoke with some iced coffee not knowing what was instore.

dsc01111se0.jpg

The first third
Was very flavorful with coffee and a little bit of spice. The only problem that I had at this point is that the burn was not that great.
dsc01115vj7.jpg

Second third
There was lots of smoke and some wonderful flavor, there was some sweetness along with coffee and more spice. At this point I realized that I would be nubbing this thing until the very end.
dsc01116hy7.jpg

Final third.
There is not so much spice now a nutty flavor has taken over. Towards the end it got a little cool mint flavor to it but not over powering.

Over all I would rate this a 92.

In searching thru my humidor this weekend, I found a Bolivar. Never had smoked one before, I thought I would give it a try. Can't really remember how it got into my box, probably from one of the samplers I got last year, so I figured it was aged enough to enjoy. And enjoy I did! It burned evenly and consistant, the taste was smooth and flavorful, with no harshness.:dr I too smoked it down to the nub. I will definitely be looking to stock these in my box soon.:tu

Bolivar I saw this on the shelf at my local B&M and thought that I would try something new.Over all I would rate this a 92.

Hey, is that a "nub clip" I see?:D Thanks for a good first review pearson and hopefully not your last:tu

So, what was the name and size of this particular Bolivar that you smoked?

Back