Bolivar Robusto

DriftyGypsy

Not Here
Okay, now Bolivars are one of my favorite brand of cigars both the Dominican Bolivars and the Non-Dominican Bolivars. My first Bolivar was a Dominican Bolivar No.754 I got a box of on a special from JR's several years ago. So yesterday I am picking up a couple of tins of Don Lino Habanitos and I look around and see what is on Famous, I see a box of 8 Bolivar Robustos for around $28.00, I say what the heck and add them to my cart. They arrive today. These are the first of the new Bolivar blend that I have tried. So, I had dinner and then decided I would try my first of these. Well here is the official description.

"Bolivar Robusto cigars present an entirely new dimension in full-bodied luxury cigars. A complex blend of Dominican, Nicaraguan and Connecticut tobaccos meld with a spicy Honduran Ligero leaf for a vivid, robust taste experience that pampers the palate with flavor. (Experienced smokers preferred.)"

Now to be honest... I am enjoying this cigar a lot. I am not good at describing the flavors or the nuances and complexities I will leave that for others. I will say this is a excellent smoke, a strong smoke, but still full of flavor. Well constructed. So, I will definately give it a YUMMMMMM!!!!

CI-BOL-ROBN-400.jpg

Have to agree with you. These do not stay in my humi very long. After a few days to stabilize I jump right into them. They have a unique taste and have the right strength and body. Not must sophistication but a nice good smoke!

Thanks for the review, it reminded me I am out of these!

I agree with you Drifty. I tried one of them on a whim earlier this year and really enjoyed it. I ended up buying a box and they've been sitting in my humi since July. I'm going to have to fire another one up soon.:w

Okay Drifty ... can't argue with another Parrothead. I too tried one earlier in the year and really wasn't that impressed. Gonna give them another try. Ever smoked a Bolivar Cofradia?

I saw these in the B&M the other day. They looked awesome. Can't believe I didnt grab one. Will next time for sure. If Drifty says, OK, I am all over it. Must try one of these oily looking beauties.

Aww man, U have just entered the realm of pure full flavored cigar indulgence. The New (I mean within the last year) Dominican blend of the Bolivar cigar is one of my favorites. It is a cigar that doesn't get much publicity. Only the Habanos version gets that. This cigar however is a winner in my book. If you haven't tried this blend do. You may just like it. Is there anything wrong with that?

I really love bolivars as well, I had one of these gifted by Doyle and it was a great smoke, I also like the cofradias sold by jr and the cuban, I am a Bolivar fan, probably my favs right now.

Okay Drifty ... can't argue with another Parrothead. I too tried one earlier in the year and really wasn't that impressed. Gonna give them another try. Ever smoked a Bolivar Cofradia?

I haven't tried the Cofradia's yet... those I believe are Honduran and an exclusive to JR's.

My 1st Bolivar was the 754 also. I loved it. Ive had a few since in the last couple of months its quickly become one of my favorites. hoping to pick up a box someday. Hmmm maybe Cbid

JPH and I had a pair of these not too long ago. Solid smoke, but nothing spectacular in my opinion. Jeremy really enjoyed his. Can't beat 'em for the price! Thanks for the review.

John

I pick up the Toros quite regularly from my local tobacconist .....who also sells a three packer for $13 that includes a Toro, Lonsdale, Churchill. Unusual stout taste but I like it. :w

In response to the previous question, the cofraida is the new fuerte. I think that they are very similar, would smoke either. Paul

Back