Box Press

Kidrock387

Adam and Shawn Bitch4LIFE
i love box press cigars like CAO and PADRON. I was wondering if i should use a double blade cigar cutter to cut them and would that be the best cut for them?

:)

i love box press cigars like CAO and PADRON. I was wondering if i should use a double blade cigar cutter to cut them and would that be the best cut for them?

:)

It's probably the best choice for ANY cigar! I've moved on to scissors, so I use them on box-presses I have. If you have the double-bladed cutter already, I would use that, the single-blades often ruin loosely-packed cigars.

I find my double blade works best for box pressed and other wise not tight smokes. On the other hand for tightly rolled small ring gauge smokes I find myself using either a double blade or my new CS cutter :)

I smoke a lot of box press cigars (Sancho Panza Double Maduro and Xtra Fuerte, Padron #000 series, etc...) On these cigars I always use my handy single blade CS cutter. If you can't get your hands on one, I suggest any decent double blade. I have never had much luck using a punch on these, and I don't have cigar scissors to try.

I concur, double blade should be used everything. Only single blade that has ever worked good for me are the cheapie havanna cutters. I sure whish I could still find those.

Hey guys, what are box pressed cigars? I don't need a translation in dutch :) but can someone explain?

Hey guys, what are box pressed cigars? I don't need a translation in dutch :) but can someone explain?
'box press' simply means that the cigars are squeezed into a box slightly too small for them and take on a square-ish shape after resting in the box for a while.

'box press' simply means that the cigars are squeezed into a box slightly too small for them and take on a square-ish shape after resting in the box for a while.

Ah ok now i know what you mean. Thanks!!

Edit: i also always use a double bladed cutter (Xikar)

Ah ok now i know what you mean. Thanks!!

Edit: i also always use a double bladed cutter (Xikar)
Not a problem, mate.

I rotate my Xikar and my single blade havana cutter... and seem to end up reaching for the havana cutter more and more.

Back