Box pressed RP Edge???

physiognomy

From a land down under...
I was in a local B&M over the weekend (click) & the clerk/manager (?) asked whether I had tried one...

460370079_c563d044cd_o.jpg

He said that they were limited releases & only available at certain retailers... Apparently they bought all they could get their hands on. Anyone heard anything about these cigars???

I forgot to mention that as you can see in the pic the wrapper (maduro) seems a lot darker than the normal Edge... I hope to smoke both of these this week if I get time & it will be interesting to see if there are any differences other than the press...

I've seen these before. I believe they're called Edge Squared (Edge^2). I've never tried one, though. Let us know how they are.

I was in a local B&M over the weekend (click) & the clerk/manager (?) asked whether I had tried one...

460370079_c563d044cd_o.jpg

He said that they were limited releases & only available at certain retailers... Apparently they bought all they could get their hands on. Anyone heard anything about these cigars???

Must have been in "What's Knot to Love?" ey?

I've seen these before. I believe they're called Edge Squared (Edge^2). I've never tried one, though. Let us know how they are.

Thanks!!! Now I remember seeing that on the box... I'll do a search & see if I can find some more info...

Must have been in "What's Knot to Love?" ey?

Yeah, I had never been in there before & thought I'd drop in since I don't often visit that part of town...

Never seen or heard of them. Would be curious to see what you think of them. They look nice and dark!

another rocky cigar-seems like a new one per week from this guy (sorta like pepin)-don't get me wrong, i like sticks from both blenders/manufacturers, but w/rocky especially i wonder if he's just squooshing edges & charging more-some of both maker's sticks seem similiar enough to be the same w/different bands, or maybe my palate isn't developed enough to tell the difference (quite possible, i've never tasted madagascar vanilla!)-i wonder if it's just a way to distribute sticks that are supposed to be exclusive to one retailer?-i'd be interested to hear what some of y'all w/more experience think

another rocky cigar-seems like a new one per week from this guy (sorta like pepin)-don't get me wrong, i like sticks from both blenders/manufacturers, but w/rocky especially i wonder if he's just squooshing edges & charging more-some of both maker's sticks seem similiar enough to be the same w/different bands, or maybe my palate isn't developed enough to tell the difference (quite possible, i've never tasted madagascar vanilla!)-i wonder if it's just a way to distribute sticks that are supposed to be exclusive to one retailer?-i'd be interested to hear what some of y'all w/more experience think

I agree with your opinion. I also heard Rocky just recently released another form of the Edge called "Counterfits" or something along those lines. I believe I saw them being advertised in the new CI catalogue. I enjoy the regular Edge line but all these off shoots seem to be a bit much but than again I have not tried any of them, but at the same time how could one keep up.:r

I really like the Edge Corojo Missle:

The cigar is a mini belicoso having a dark oily corojo wrapper and sans band. It feels small in my hand and seems more like a 46 ring versus 48. I’d definitely like this cigar in a true belicoso size (5.25 x 52). There is a band around the foot of the cigar reading “The Edge” along with Rocky Patel. Its an attractive looking smoke with a firm bunching and uniform roll. There is a slight barnyard like prelight aroma. The firm tip, did not cut under the knife easily, but it did cut cleanly and allowed the cigar to produce a very easy draw with no discernable flavors. The initial flavors are very smokey, with a toasted coffee and sweet cedar like flavor and just a touch of pepper. Eventhough the draw is easy, the cigar produced a nice volume of smoke. There is an enjoyable sweetness to the tobacco flavor and the cigar produced a sweet zesty aroma, very pleasant. The cigar is no where near as strong and peppery as a Don Pepin and has a unique flavor all its own. Its woody, with cedar and an earthy sweetness. There is just a touch of zesty pepper but not a lot. Not quite loamy, but earthy with a strong cedar undertone. I’d like the draw to be a bit tighter but the smoke volume makes up for it. Its lighter and woodier than a Padilla Habano, but still med-full bodied and med strength. The burn so far is very straight and produced a solid med gray ash. This is a great smoke for when you don’t want something extremely strong, but still crave something more than mild. A solid right side of medium, strong enough to satisfy my taste buds. Approaching the end of the first third and I’m picking up some annise notes with a toasted cedar/floral undertone. Very unique and very enjoyable. The flavor makes me think occasionally of the HdM Rothschild MM. At the mid point, there are some definite strong cedar notes coming through. This cigar is very different from most of the smokes out there. Not a pepper bomb, but very cedary. The last third remained pretty consistent with the overall flavor being woody and cedar notes. Overall very enjoyable and a definite must try.

Back