Brahma

billybarue

Luvin' me some Lagavulin
There have been a few posts on here about some closeouts at Holts.

Well this is the best one going - http://www.holts.com/cgi-bin/ncomme...&value_plus=&sampler_mode=&user_points=&mode=

Great flavor, burn. Don't smoke many to the nub, but this one kept it's flavor as long as I care to burn a cigar - 1.5 inches left. I had the Robusto.

I have bought a bunch of 5-packs at CBID to try and figure out what I like. This week (since Saturday) I smoked a La Vieja Habana Zero Hora, Excalibur Dark Knight, and a Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion Consul. It beat the snot out of all of those. I mean it wasn't even close. And I thought the Joya was a darn fine cigar when I smoked it. It is going to be hard to reach past these Brahmas in the future - I should have bought more.

It has been said in previous posts by a guy who knows a hell of a lot more about smokes than I ever will (actually there are two guys that come to mind) - but this is a great smoke. Do a search, and take their word for it --- this deal is a no-brainer.

Cheers,

BillyBarue

When I first saw these, I passed them off as closeout dog rockets. I didn't even think twice about them.

But the more I'm hearing about people that have smoked them, the more I'm thinking about giving them a try.

At less than $2 a stick, there is certainly minimal risk.

When I first saw these, I passed them off as closeout dog rockets. I didn't even think twice about them.

But the more I'm hearing about people that have smoked them, the more I'm thinking about giving them a try.

At less than $2 a stick, there is certainly minimal risk.

TxMatt wrote a few comments about these. He said they were damned good smokes, and on the fullbodied side.

Matt sent me one of these recently & I found it to be full bodied & very tasty. The one I smoked burned badly however, so it looks like there might be the ocassional construction issue (hard to say after only smoking one), but I might just have to pull the trigger on a few of these.

Thanks Matt! :)

Matt sent me one of these recently & I found it to be full bodied & very tasty. The one I smoked burned badly however, so it looks like there might be the ocassional construction issue (hard to say after only smoking one), but I might just have to pull the trigger on a few of these.

Thanks Matt! :)

This is a very big thumbs up IMO.. Alan has well over 200 reviews on Top25cigars. When someone with such a diverse experience in cigars agrees with you that a cigar you reccommend is very tasty it is a little bit of a "cigar ego" boost.

I have had burn issues with two out of the five I have smoked. I am hoping the percentage improves but will keep buying them as long as Holt's has them.

-Matt-

Last edited:
This is a very big thumbs up IMO.. At one time Alan had the most reviews on Top25cigars, perhaps he still does? When someone with such a diverse experience in cigars agrees with you that a cigar you reccommend is very tasty it is a little bit of a "cigar ego" boost.

good lord what a kiss-up! alan fried his tastebuds long ago! He's probably got a review on top25 for swishers that isn't a joke! :p

Back