Break-time cigar recommendations?

alley00p

ChestBeater
I'm sure that many of you have a job like mine that doesn't allow smoking except outside. During the week, our break time is long enough for the cigarette folks to get in 2 smokes (15-20 minutes max).

I've found myself going out and just getting started with my selected cigar when it's time to go back in. A few have been relit, especially if it's just an hour or two since the last break, but I hate wasting good cigars (I don't get paid that well) since they sorta have to stay outside in the ashtray.

Do you folks have any suggestions for cigars that can be enjoyed on this kind of a regular break? So far trying some robusto or short coronas have been all I've been able to come up with.

When I have to work the weekend, I bring my lawnchair with the table on it, and set it up on the back porch of the building. Then I can enjoy my breaks by splitting my lunch period up. Much more relaxing that way!

Thanks in advance!

Alley00p :ss

Dang......can't believe how many people read my empty mind. Great question!! I've been wonderin' the same thing!!

Great answer NCRadioMan!! :tu

I scanned through the above links and did not see my two go to cigars for short breaks or winter months.

I generally keep a box of NC Monte #4 on hand. They are box pressed 4" x 44 RG and a box is about 50 bucks.

I have also had good luck with El Rey Del Mundo Cafe Noir. They are 4.5" x 35. These run about 30 bucks for a box. They have a maduro wrapper. The natural wrapper is available and called cafe au lait.

-EB

Ask your B&M if they have the small tins of Padrons or Partagas about 6 to the tin. They work very well for me when I have them.

Oliva Serie G Special G is a really good quick smoke. Found this out with a little help from Yayson..thanks again bro!

Do you folks have any suggestions for cigars that can be enjoyed on this kind of a regular break? So far trying some robusto or short coronas have been all I've been able to come up with.

Thanks in advance!

Alley00p :ss

Have you tried the Nubs?
http://www.nubcigar.com/

They're specifically designed to start right off at the "sweet spot" for those who have less time like you...

:chk

Have you tried the Nubs?
http://www.nubcigar.com/

They're specifically designed to start right off at the "sweet spot" for those who have less time like you...

:chk

The Nub is definitely not a short break smoke. Minimum smoking time is 45 minutes, and that is really pushing things.

I agree, check out some of the tinned smokes from your favorite blender. RP Vintage Tins, Partagas Black Label Pronto, Fuente tins, etc. :tu

Illusione 68. Very nice medium-bodied smoke. I smoke 'em when I have a break at work(rarely).
Hemingway short-stories are nice as well.

Well fellow gorillas, I received a mini-bomb today, my first bomb since signing up here on Club Stogie:

attachment.php

Fellow gorilla MUGEN910 read this thread and sent me the following:
2 Macanudo Ascots
1 Macanudo Maduro Ascot
2 Cohiba Cameroon Pequenos
2 Cohiba Black Pequenos
2 Partagas Black Label Prontos

I'm really looking forward to trying these at work over the next few weeks! Thanks for your generousity, MUGEN910! :tu:tu

alley00p :ss

I like the Felipe Gregorio Dominicana Fat Boys (3.5"x48 ring)
when I don't have a lot of time. Good 20-30 minute smoke.

I am partial to the partagas black label prontos as well. I have gone through several tins of them, and although they are a little spicy, the richness is still there.

I hope no one minds if I bump this to the top. I was going to post a question about small cigars and decided to do a search first. Lots of good information here. I'm looking for a cigar for a short lunch break smoke, say 20 minutes or so.

I recall from when I was working in England in the 1990's that there was a small Danneman cigar that came in a 5 or 6 pack that was readily available at most news stands and was a pretty decent little cigar. I can't recall now, but I'm guessing it was about 4" x 35.

Question: I've mostly been a pipe smoker, cigars are pretty new to me. But from reading posts here and elsewhere it seems that if, for example, someone likes a 6" x 50 H. Upmann, that the 4 1/2" x 38 may taste entirely different. Am I correct in this assumption? Thanks!

What else but the Tatuaje Angles or Illusione 68 both great smokes that has a tone of great flavor. I smoke one of those everyday on the way to work that is about a 15-20 min drive.

I like Macanudo Ascots and Minitures; also you can try Cohiba Pequenos in two wrapper styles. Rocky Patel Juniors are outstanding, I picked up a box of 40 for $29 at C.I. a while ago. Partagas also has some short cigarillos and, if you want to go really inexpensive, you can pick up a tin of Cafe Cremes; I have a blue tin of 20 that look like joints (they are that size) but brown. Tin of 20 here was around $10.

If you like flavored smoke, Acid makes Krushes in a tin (4" X 38s) and C-Notes which are 4" long and very thin. You can also get Desert Chicos in different flavors made by Alec Bradley.

Check the sections on the Cigars International or Famous sites online; you'll find a ton of different flavors, sizes and makers there.

I have tried all of the above "shorties"; I'm not much into flavored cigars, but my wife likes them when she joins me out on the porch in the evening.

If you need more info, PM me - :tu

Back