Breath Busters

brigey

WAR EAGLE!
I have been requested by my better half to do something about my breath after enjoying a few fine premium cigars. What say you about treating your after smoke breath so that you can keep peace in the family following your enjoyment of several quality cigars. I've tried Altoids(R) and several chewing gum brands, mouth wash - but I lose that wonderful cigar flavour. I'm not looking for a breath cover up per se but more of a breath neutralizer. Any suggestions to help provide tranquility to the rest of the family. :D

Never used it, but here's one.... Dr. Coro's
Another one that might work.... BreathRx

I use TicTacs and Listerine, but guess it depends on individual person regarding what will or won't work. I usually always try to swish some Listerine if at home, or pop a few Tic Tacs if out and about after I smoke a cigar or pipe.

Holts has something called Clear Cigar Breath Saver that might be worth trying. As an alternative, take a bite out of a large Bermuda onion and chew on it for a minute. She will never complain about cigar breath again.:r

Holts has something called Clear Cigar Breath Saver that might be worth trying. As an alternative, take a bite out of a large Bermuda onion and chew on it for a minute. She will never complain about cigar breath again.:r

Thanks for the onion idea. I do want to get closer to her following a smoke not push her further away. ROFLOL!

I like to do the mouthwash/brush teeth/floss thing after a herf, but find that downing a small sandwich, burger, or some other *small* quantity of a substantial dish will often abate all the offending aromas. Oh, don't forget that quick shower (wash hair and beard/mustache) and fresh change of clothes. I find that the smoke issue with my gf is not only about my breath--it's just the one thing she focuses on and tells me to put the smackdown on. When I go the extra mile to shower and don smokeless clothes, everything is right as rain. :2

I like to do the mouthwash/brush teeth/floss thing after a herf, but find that downing a small sandwich, burger, or some other *small* quantity of a substantial dish will often abate all the offending aromas. Oh, don't forget that quick shower (wash hair and beard/mustache) and fresh change of clothes. I find that the smoke issue with my gf is not only about my breath--it's just the one thing she focuses on and tells me to put the smackdown on. When I go the extra mile to shower and don smokeless clothes, everything is right as rain. :2

Great advice. It could be the smoke clinging to my clothes as well.
:tu

There's a product called TheraBreath you can purchase at Walmart & Walgreens. I've used it and my wife didn't even know I had a cigar that day.

MCS

... Oh, don't forget that quick shower (wash hair and beard/mustache) and fresh change of clothes. I find that the smoke issue with my gf is not only about my breath--it's just the one thing she focuses on and tells me to put the smackdown on. When I go the extra mile to shower and don smokeless clothes, everything is right as rain. :2

:tpd: I go this route as well (as much as possible)...my wife definitely appreciates the extra mile, and because of that lets any little hanging smoke smell slide.

Just hang in there...when you get old enough or you been married long enough you don't want to get close to them..

Jerry in Minnesota.

Agree...
When I am herfing it up, or smoking by myself, I shower, and wash the beard, hair, face and hands THOUROUGHLY... then I brush my teeth and mouthwash.. and wala... problem solved.
Scott

Aaaahhhh women...can't live with them...can't keep their head in a bowling bag. Well my wife doesn't complain but you could just tell her that cigar breath is the smell of a real man and you don't go around letting her know whenever her ass is getting to big for her favorite jeans.

HOLD ON...you are wanting to keep her around right? Just use your inside voice for what I said and then use another suggestion on this thread while just saying yes dear...:tu

This is quality advice. :tu

Back