Bucanero Classico Maduro Catalina

[OT] Loki

Chestbeating Pack Leader
This is my first review so be gentle....

Cigar: Bucanero Classico Maduro
Vitola: Catalina
Wrapper: Connecticut Broad Leaf Wrapper. Dom and Nic fillers.
Ring gauge: 42
Length: 5,5”
Price: ????

Appearance dark maduro wrapper. very appealing
Draw couldn't have been better
Burn needed one touch up....but I may have jumped the gun on that.
Flavour I'm not really good on picking out flavors but I got some nutty, creamy tastes off it
ATMOSPHERE: not a great atmosphere for smoking...hanging out my third floor apartment window trying not to get smoke in the apartment.

PRE LIGHT: too much tobacco on the tongue to taste anything

ASH: I'm a big ash fan. A good ash makes the cigar for me and this had it. I had roughly 1/2 the cigar gone before the cigar ashed itself

SMOKE: nice cool smoke and lots of it. quite nice to have in a cigar. I like a lot of smoke with my cigar.

STRENGTH: medium

SMOKE TIME: ~45 minutes but I only smoked it to the band. It could have gone an hour.

RATING: I enjoyed it and would smoke it again.

Comments: This is my first bucanero and I've been on a maduro kick lately so I figured I'd give this one a go. I'm glad I did. I've been trying to smoke this one all week and never got the chance. This was very tasty and something I'll happily smoke again. There is a slight after taste that I'm getting right now and enjoying it, you could almost add this to the smoke time. Only negative I can say about it is that my fiancee didn't like the during light aroma, that was probably my fault.

Verdict: quality smoke that will be burned again. Strong ash, good taste, I just need a better place to smoke the next one.

Good review. Thanks for posting! Johnny Buccanero is a great guy, down to earth and a cigar lover. He has been at it for many years and makes pretty good smokes. I really like the cannon because of the insane ring gauge and spicey tobbacco. If you love spicey spanish rosadio tobbaco then you should try his Havanna Rose bundles. Its great to meet another Buccanero fan.

Happy smoking!

Mike

Good review. Thanks for posting! Johnny Buccanero is a great guy, down to earth and a cigar lover. He has been at it for many years and makes pretty good smokes. I really like the cannon because of the insane ring gauge and spicey tobbacco. If you love spicey spanish rosadio tobbaco then you should try his Havanna Rose bundles. Its great to meet another Buccanero fan.

Happy smoking!

Mike

Mike,
I do have a cannon in the humidor along with a few other of the Classicos. should make for good smoking

I recently tried one of the classico maduro's in the robusto size, and found it to be an excellent smoke, great construction, perfect draw (draw testing is great) and good flavors too......... BUT not at 6.00 a stick or so. I think most of the flavors can be found in less expensive sticks. Excellent cigar though.

Back