Bucanero Full Sail

macjoe53

Alpha Silverback
Just kicked back and enjoyed a Bucanero Full Sail Toro. Sorry no photos this time.

This was my third Bucanero from the sampler pack I purchased last month. The first one I tried was the Texas Star Maduro which was a pleasant smoke but could have used some more aging. The second one I smoked was the Havana Rose Canon which, to be honest, I didn't like. Mine didn't have much flavor and the draw was extremely tight. I had to work hard to smoke half of it before I put it out.

The Full Sail toro was the best of the Bucanero's I've smoked so far. It has a nice, dark appearance and was firm without any noticeable soft or spongy spots. It lit easily, produced plenty of smoke and was a nice, even burn with a good ash until about the halfway mark when the ash fell off. I didn't notice any uneveness to the burn until the last third of the smoke.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the flavor at first because the first flavor I noticed was a "grassy/hay" taste but it gave way to a good, full-bodied flavor with a hint of spice. The draw was perfect and all in all it was an enjoyable 1-1/2 hour. I did notice it getting stronger as it got down to the last two inches and I definitely noticed the nicotine buzz more.

My best endorsement of the Full Sail is that I will buy and smoke more of them.

Thanks for the review! I have yet to try any of the Bucanero line. I'm going to have to remady that here real soon!

hopefully you got a Classico maduro beli and a Peg Leg in the sampler, if so then......................YOU'RE TOAST.:r:r:r

Thanks for the review! I've smoked more Full Sail than the other Bucanero lines & I have to say at this point that it is my favorite of the bunch. Quality cigars!

hopefully you got a Classico maduro beli and a Peg Leg in the sampler, if so then......................YOU'RE TOAST.:r:r:r

Didn't get those two. The two I have left to try are:
Canon Cubano Maduro
El Capitan Maduro Toro

I'll look at the others when I make my next order.

Back