Buffalo Wings

benjamin

ChestBeater
i've come to the conclusion that buffalo wings are pretty much the greatest junk food ever. give me some spicy wings and some beer and i don't think i could ask for much else. there are tons of great places around my way that have terrific wings- i'm actually heading out in a few minutes to go to 30 cent wing night at a local bar. anybody else fond of buffalo's finest export?

i've come to the conclusion that buffalo wings are pretty much the greatest junk food ever. give me some spicy wings and some beer and i don't think i could ask for much else. there are tons of great places around my way that have terrific wings- i'm actually heading out in a few minutes to go to 30 cent wing night at a local bar. anybody else fond of buffalo's finest export?
I Like Hooters hot wings,Or maby the atmosphere.

Love wings, never had a good one outside of NY state though :confused: They are either too greasy or lord forbid, BREADED:hn

Soak 2 packs overnight in a gallon zip lock bag full of a whole bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce. Bake them in them in the oven at 350 for 20-30min. Then take them out and finish them up on the grill basting them with the Louisiana Hot Sauce:tu Perfecto:tu

Mine depart a bit from the norm.

rub:
equal parts dried powdered california, ancho, or New Mexico chiles, (brown) sugar, kosher salt. Add smoked Cayenne and garlic powder to taste.

Cut wings into 3 pieces (drumette, wing, wing tip) discard the tips or save for making stock.

Sprinkle wings liberally with the rub, place in ziploc and let flavors marry in the fridge for at least 24 hours.

Bake on a sheet pan @ 350-400 for 45 minutes or so. Briefly finish on a hot grill to crisp them up a bit. These will burn in a flash so be careful. Maybe 30 seconds a side is all that is required.

Eat, enjoy. serve with some combo of frank's red hot/melted butter if you must. I like these plain.

Damn............................now I'm hungry.

I love wings on the grill or deep fried. Tried a bunch of different ways and they were all good.

2008_04_18-BlueberryPie.jpg

----------------
Now playing: Megadeth - Chosen Ones
via FoxyTunes

Back