Bugs in my Humi Help!!!

cigartexan

Evolving Lead Gorilla
LLG's Help me!!!!

I just looked in my humi and saw something very strange. In a box of cigars, only on one stick, there crawling around is what appears to a white aphid. I then checked all my boxes and found a couple more. I did not find any holes and the little critters look nothing like a tobacco beetle, or at least the photos I’ve seen. My humi stays below 73 degrees and never above 68%Rh. Has anyone ever seen these things on their sticks? Does anyone have any advice on how to eliminate them, besides freezing of course?

Any info on this matter would be greatly appreciated…

Jack

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-02 AT 10:43 AM (CDT)]sounds like a tobacco mite/aphid to me. Thay are harmless (I think).

Thanks Poker :) You think their really harmless. I don't see any damage, but I don't like seeing them on my precious sticks!!

Get a can of that compressed air (for detailed dusting) and give the cigars a small shot to blow them buggers off. (just dont blow too close or you might blow the wrapper right off the cigars LOL)

These are a new species that have evovled through mutation. They are similar to tobacco beetles; but they breed and feed at 10 times the rate of regular beetles. They can survive temps down to 0 degrees Celcius. Once they are present, it is too late! You must quickly send your cigars to me so that I can properly contain and destroy them.

LMAO at Brandon. Will irradiation at the postal hubs have any effect on mites or beatles in the future, so Brandon wont have to keep smoking all these terrible cigars?

Back