Butter Beans! Simple and tasty

trogdor

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I made a fantastic dish with these tonight:

-- Peel and slice up one bulb of garlic
-- Heat up some olive oil in a pan and cook up the garlic a little. I wanted it to have some bite still, so I didn't brown it
-- Take a can of butter beans, drain them and rinse well. Cook them with the garlic and oil until they are hot.
-- Add some salt and pepper

It tastes kind of like the richest, creamiest garlic mashed potatoes ever (and it's quite a bit better for you)!

I'm stocking up my cupboard with these things the next time I go to the store...

Curse you! It's after 1 am and you've made me hungry. :D That sounds delicious. Gotta give your recipe a try soon!

I'm stocking up my cupboard with these things the next time I go to the store...

butterbean.jpg

Better have some big cupboards! :r

Two things I've learned about the Butterbean: It's funny looking, but tasty. And, if hit by one, it's best to fall down very fast after the first punch.

You've got me interested in butterbeans. I've never had them before so I went to the store and bought two cans. Looking forward to trying them this week.

I've tried a few different kinds now. The grocery store brand (Giant Eagle) is OK, but not as good as Bush brand. The large beans are better than the small ones. Making some more tonight!

I've tried a few different kinds now. The grocery store brand (Giant Eagle) is OK, but not as good as Bush brand. The large beans are better than the small ones. Making some more tonight!

The dried butter beans are even better than the canned ones. Put them in a pot of water and cook them for a couple of hours with some Ham hocks and onions and you have a wonderful meal. Don't forget the cornbread on the side.

Back