Butthiba Revue

edisonbird

SilverBack
I got this highly prized cigar direct from the roller Juanpyrotec. It is about the same size as a Robusto with a maduro wrapper. It looks like the wrapper shrunk quite a bit after rolling, as the cigar looks and feels like a small branch. It is not the ugliest cigar I have ever seen, but not the most beautiful work of art either. But a work of art it is. It has a great full pre-light aroma that lends the promise of a flavorful smoke. Now this baby is rolled tight, it is not plugged but it is TIGHT. The ash stayed on for the entire cigar down to the nub, as most of you know thats the way Wayne likes em. The flavors reminded me most of a Puros Indios #4 Maduro, nice and sweet with a lot of coffee flavor. I did smoke it to the nub and it didn't get bitter until the last inch or so. All in all Wayne I'd say this is an excellent start for you, I would gladly smoke another, in fact I would probably buy some from you. I did have to run a wood skewer through before I smoked it, but I figure that you have the shrinkage problem worked out by now. Damn, I feel like I have my own personel roller!! I'd give it an 82 for a starter, send me more samples I am sure the grades will go up. Thanks for the opportunity to smoke one.:w :w :w :w

i had wayne reroll some cigars for me last year he did a fine job on them and i even thought they were tasting very good due to the different wrappers he had to use.
i do not hesitate ever to send wayne plugged cigars to reroll
k

Thanks for the review Rick. The flavor profile that you stated is what I was shooting for, if truth be known. When I ordered my leafs, I told "Frank" what I wanted, and to do his best in filling my order, on the buget I gave him to work with. www.otoaocigars.com/main.htm

I still find it hard to believe that, that was not the ugliest cigar you have ever seen. I have found that it is a very fine line between a tight draw and a good draw. When trying for the "perfect" draw, it is real easy to underfill and have soft spots. So as the novice that I am, I still try to have just one extra leaf in the bunch.

More samples will be on the way in a month or so. :rolleyes: I sampled on of the newest blends I worked with, and it is quite a bit fuller in body than what you tried.

OPT

UPDATE: mmmmm weeeellllll...you be the judge.....:w This is the first time that I will say, these cigars look BETTER in person. Just so happens they fit in a Mag 46 box, that is why the ribbon is around them.

Back