Buying cigars?

SpurNubber

Maturing Primate
I have been out of work, looking for a full-time job and besides buying two special;) cigars from a friend a couple weeks ago, I haven't bought cigars in probably over a month. So I was wondering, what's the longest buying drought you have gone through?

The longest I have gone was right after I got my first humidor, which came with 75 cigars (they are actually better than you'd think... at least 2/3 of them are pretty good), I waited about 6 months to even bother buying more because I figured that would last me a long time.

Since I got a humidor and started smoking fairly often, I haven't gone more than a month without making a purchase. Usually its more like 2 weeks between purchases.

Not taking into consideration deployments I've been on its been about 2 months, nowadays probably every other week.

I lasted 3 months after the holidays.
I had to pay of holiday debt 1st but it was ok because I had about 500 sticks resting. HUM if I rember correctly a nice chunk of the debt was due from buying cigars.:)

I have been out of work, looking for a full-time job and besides buying two special;) cigars from a friend a couple weeks ago, I haven't bought cigars in probably over a month. So I was wondering, what's the longest buying drought you have gone through?

Check out TXMatt's Cheap Smoke thread. He has some great tasting selections in there for not very much coin.

I think I went about 6 months without buying a cigar when I was traveling and only doing work/trade for room and board. I had no money to spend on them. During the year that I was doing that, I think I only bought 2 singles. When I have been employed and making money I might have made it 2 months. Right now I am trying to go a little while so I can save up for some big purchases in the next few months, plus I have some other stuff I want to get that is not cheap either. Hopefully I will make it 2 or 3 months this time to save up enough. I keep coming across all these great deals though.:hn

About two weeks. Normally, I'm in one of our local B&Ms at least once every two weeks. I had taken about a 5 week hiatus from the devil site until week before last when I caved. :hn

I'm going to quit for a while because I have no more humidor space. :ss

I buy something every week. I only do the "big buy" once a month though whatever online source is best or has a deal on stuff I like.

Back