Buying habits in the winter

Does your buying habit change in winter?

• Spend more to build stock

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Spend less because it's sad to see them sit

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Spend the same amount because I'm addicted

Votes: 62 66.7%

• Total voters

Scud

Hairy Knuckle Dragger
For most people above the Mason-Dixon line, winter is quickly approaching which means enjoying stogies outside is somewhat limited. My question is if peoples' buying changes when smoking decreases. :ss

I don't care what the temps are, I'm gonna enjoy my nightly stogie with my dogs and beverage :tu

I smoke in my house because my wife is awesome so the weather doesn't really effect me. I throw the heat on, sit on the couch with the laptop and a nice smoke and just relax. However winter is the perfect time to stock up and age some smokes if you aren't able to enjoy them as frequently.

I buy about the same amount in the winter, but I probably smoke more. I have a heated, semi-finished, "cigar lounge" in the upstairs of my barn. I spend most evenings in there having a cigar or a pipe. In the summer, I'm typically on the go a lot more, so I don't have as much time to smoke.

I smoke in my house because my wife is awesome so the weather doesn't really effect me. I throw the heat on, sit on the couch with the laptop and a nice smoke and just relax. However winter is the perfect time to stock up and age some smokes if you aren't able to enjoy them as frequently.

lucky dog! i'm thinking of buying a pair of "smoking gloves" for the winter.. but most of my smokes are not going to see the light of day for a while.. :hn

I am like a squirrel storing nuts for the winter. I do not like the cold so I smoke less and continue to buy -knowing that warmer weather will come.

I too am fortunate in that my wife doesn't object to cigar smoking in our house. During the cold months, I usually stock up on summertime go-to's for aging, and try a wide variety of stogies stashed during summers past.

My winter goal is to fill a 100 qt. cooler and then let that cooler age for a year.

My smoking definitely decreases in the winter. I will smoke in the house occasionally, but I don't make a habit of it. Unfortunately, my purchasing doesn't seem to decrease correspondingly.:hn In fact I've been buying much more than I smoke in all climates. I'm beginning to really hate the Devil, and Joe, and CI. I think I need to unsubscribe from their emails... or maybe buy a bigger cooler.

There needs to be an option

d) Smoke more and buy less because the weather is perfect.

Here is SW Florida, winter means 65 degree evening. Perfect cigar weather. I will smoke everyday from now until May. Then it's stay in the AC for 6 months and stock up.

CA winter weather is awesome for smoking too.

Since I smoke more in the winter,
I tend to buy more in the winter.
(I think I spent too much this month).
:tu

It does not realy change.

But I do notice myself buying more in the cooler and winter months.

I buy more, but not to stock up. I just feel more comfortable having the cigars shipped in the colder weather. :2

I've stopped smoking for a while. I haven't bought at stogies in a while. Just too many other things to concentrate on. Combined with the cold weather and my ridiculous schedule it just hasnt been in the cards lately.

This will be the first winter as a cigar smoker. Don't have a winter buying habit yet. I feel one coming on though. :)

I tend to buy less cigars in the winter for two primary reasons. One, I prefer to smoke outside and it is usually too cold to sit out there for very long, but I try every so often. Two, I usually get and give a lot of gifts due to birthdays and holidays that I rarely have enough extra to buy the usual smokes.

That is not to say that if I get cash for my birthday and Christmas, I will usually buy something for myself. However, most times I get a gift that cannot be exchanged for a premium cigar.:ss

I just had my first San Christobal (sp?) and will be picking up many more of those this winter :ss

Back