Coffee Grounds

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Size: 7 x 47
Shape: Churchill
Wrapper: Ecuador
Filler: Dom. Rep.
Binder: Dom. Rep.

This cigar is made by Jose "Pepin" Garcia

I have heard very little about this smoke but figured i should try since the cigar maker is so good.

The construction on this cigar is good. The draw is perfect and the burn is perfect but the wrapper kinda flaked out on me. Which I have noticed with some of pepins other lines.
Its almost like you have to be smoking them in perfect tempature for them to not fall apart.

Anyways the flavor is medium to full. The base of the flavor is pepper. A real bite to this smoke very close to tasting like a cuban puro. Some nice smooth wood notes with some type of spicy bark like taste.

Dam fine smoke. Not over powering my any mean but enough flavor to keep your attention.

For me this is a 8.5 out of 10 all day long and that with the flaky wrapper.

Good job on the review. I've had several robustos & belicosas and agree with you. Do you like them as well as Tatuajes?

i tend to like the tatuajes better just because i like a little more power and pepper. that being said, the guapo is a nice bridge between the tatuajes and their little milder cousins the cabs.

Good job on the review. I've had several robustos & belicosas and agree with you. Do you like them as well as Tatuajes?

I think I might sway towards the Tats. just cause they have more power to them.
I think both cigars have a similar flavor profile and balance is dam near perfect with both.
Now what I think what makes these two cigars different is the Cabaiguan has an Ecuadorian wrapper which is what I think gives this cigars its bite.

I am a big fan of Ecuadorian wrappers and I smoke a lot of them and I think they do have a huge impact on flavor.

Back