California here I come!

ghostrider

SilverBack
By the end of May, I'll be on my way to the west coast. Moving to the San Francisco/Alameda area.

I'm planning on heading out early, then flying back to CT and drive the family out. Going to take about three weeks with them to visit some family on the way out. Should make for a nice, long exhausting trip.

I'm looking forward to the change of scenery, and meeting some fellow BOTL's in the area.

I'll be on I-80W for most of the trip, if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, please let me know.

When You hit Reno absolutely stop in at Fumare....home of the Illusione line. Hell of a B&M. Good prices too.

My wifes Family is in the north Bay area/Napa Wine Country. I get a kick out of our Christmas visits....we have three feet of snow in MT...they have 55 degrees and maybe some fog and everybodies COLD!! Great climate though.

VERY liberal natives. Too liberal for me.

Your in for a real change. Should be an Adventure! Best of Luck.

FN in MT:cb

Welcome to California! Alameda/San Francisco are both extremely high on rents. Will you be working in SF? You may want to consider something a bit farther away from work, your commute may be longer but schools are better and rent a bit more affordable. Sounds like you will have a fun trip on the road with family. Keep us updated and we will setup a Welcome Herf!:tu:ss

Good luck with the move, I have always wanted to visit that area. You will have to give us your impressions after you live there a while.

Nice.

Why are you leaving this great New England weather.:r

Enjoy the move and new pace of life.

By the end of May, I'll be on my way to the west coast. Moving to the San Francisco/Alameda area.

I'm planning on heading out early, then flying back to CT and drive the family out. Going to take about three weeks with them to visit some family on the way out. Should make for a nice, long exhausting trip.

I'm looking forward to the change of scenery, and meeting some fellow BOTL's in the area.

I'll be on I-80W for most of the trip, if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, please let me know.

Hey brother,
I will be joining you in a couple of months, moving to Fresno by June, starting work out there in April. I am orginally from there, but left in 1990.... It will be nice to get the Hell out of Kansas, (hell out of Dodge, comes from Dodge City Kansas), :)

Welcome to California! Alameda/San Francisco are both extremely high on rents. Will you be working in SF? You may want to consider something a bit farther away from work, your commute may be longer but schools are better and rent a bit more affordable. Sounds like you will have a fun trip on the road with family. Keep us updated and we will setup a Welcome Herf!:tu:ss

Actually looking at something 40-60 minutes away. I don't mind the commute, looking forward to being able to ride most of the year.

Nice.

Why are you leaving this great New England weather.:r

Enjoy the move and new pace of life.

See above (riding year round!)

Look us up when you get here!!!

We'll throw a special Herf!!!:tu

Looking forward to meeting and herfing with everyone!

When You hit Reno absolutely stop in at Fumare....home of the Illusione line. Hell of a B&M. Good prices too.

My wifes Family is in the north Bay area/Napa Wine Country. I get a kick out of our Christmas visits....we have three feet of snow in MT...they have 55 degrees and maybe some fog and everybodies COLD!! Great climate though.

VERY liberal natives. Too liberal for me.

Your in for a real change. Should be an Adventure! Best of Luck.

FN in MT:cb
So that's where you have to go to get your hands on some Illusione's - have to remember that next time I'm out there - because can't find them in the DFW area and not willing to buy a entire box to try one. Cool tip - thanks!

Actually looking at something 40-60 minutes away. I don't mind the commute, looking forward to being able to ride most of the year.

See above (riding year round!)

Looking forward to meeting and herfing with everyone!

Welcome. :tu

And yes, riding year round is great. I just got back on my bike last week after over 7 months off due to a "mishap" at the track. We have great roads all over the bay area and if you ride sportbikes we have five tracks withing a few hours drive. For being on a motorcycle there's very few places that are better.

As for the herfin, we usually get together every other week or so. Just let us know when you hit town and we'll work something out. :ss

Riding year around in Cali is a myth.

Usually there is a week or two of bad weather when you can't ride. You're lucky though, we already had that week so you'll be ok for another year.

Riding year around in Cali is a myth.

Usually there is a week or two of bad weather when you can't ride. You're lucky though, we already had that week so you'll be ok for another year.

A whole week? OMG say it isn't so!!!!

Finally got my bike out after about 4 MONTHS. I think I'll make that transition just fine...:ss

Back