Camacho 1962

bbaug14

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Alright, who has smoked one of these? I've searched and searched and can't find a review. I was gifted a few of these (not sure if it should be called a 'gift' at this point) and I'm curious what to expect. Right now I have them chilling in my humi awaiting there demise. HELP!!!

Here's my notes from the Camacho 1962 that I did have (believe it was the Robusto):

Solid feel, doesn't feel soft or overly filled. Lots of veins but still feels smooth in the hand. After cut but before light draw is medium. Light armoa is mild, kinda nutty. First draw is a bit of spice, cream, and surprisingly sweet finish. Burn is fairly straight through the first inch. Spice lingers on the tounge, remiding you it's a Camacho. Had to flick ash after an inch. Ash itself is dark-grey with occasional dark sploches. At this point in the cigar, I'd classify it as a medium bodied. Wonder if putting these down will help with the contrasting mellow tastes and blend it a bit more (the sweet and the spice is a bit too distinct atm). The finish is nice, sweet and leathery, nothing too harsh. Tast on draw remains consistent so far (about halfway through). Finish has change a with a bit more spice. Last inch is definitely becoming stronger, almost need something to drink to go along with it. Did not consume beverage with it so far (coffee perhaps? Might make for a good mid-morning smoke). Done at last inch.

The Perfecto (my preferred vitola) itself is a quick smoke, maybe 40-45 minutes tops? I found myself going through quite a few of them a few Sundays ago while watching NFL at the local cigar bar. I realize the review didn't state my overall opinion, but I love these. I use it as a contrast to the typical Blue label Pepin Garcias that I smoke. I own a box of the Perfectos, and currently bidding on another box on the Devil's site to back that one up. Don't think the first box will last too long at the rate I'm going through them ATM.

:ss

Back