Camacho Corojo Figurado.

AsetOne

Gorilla
7x54 Torpedo.

Wrapper : Honduran
Binder : Honduran
Filler : Honduran

-First let me say that this is my first review.
-Second this was gifted to me by BubbaNJ (thanks Rolf :tu)
-Third these have had about a week or two rest in the humi so i thought it was about time to smoke one.
-Finally, excuse the photos it was about midnight when i smoked it, so i had to use the flash.

Ok, so this was a very well constructed cigar, only a couple of tiny veins, and no hard spots throughout the smoke.

The cigar looks lovely, band looks great too, with its simple brown and gold thing its got going

Pre light smell was of earth and hay, like a barnyard i guess.

Clipped it with a palio, cold draw was perfect, not too hard, not too soft, like drinking water through a straw.

Toasted and lit the smoke, the first thing i thought was spice.
Lots of spice. For about the first 5 or 6 draws it was just spicey, with leather and woody notes, with a really faint, strange sweetness, like cinnamon i guess.

For the rest of the first third it started to settle into a more accumulative spice, not one you get so much on the tongue, but one that builds up at the back of the mouth.
Leather is probably the most prominent taste at the moment, the Cinnamon sweetness is gone, Woody notes are making way for a more earthy taste and the mouth feel is getting slightly creamy.

View attachment 18505

Ok, second third.
The cigar was now much milder in comparison to the first third, though these are still a decently strong smoke, so i would say it was still a full smoke.

Rolled the ash off at about 1" as i have a bad habit of ashing on myself, which is not a good thing. Now that it was burning hotter, for a few draws the leather came back in full force.
Once the cherry became insulated again it was back to a smooth smoke, with very minor hints of the wood, with coffee and earth taking main stage. The accumulative spice is still there, but it is slowly fading out.

Burn got a little spazzy at this stage and needed a touch up, the smoke is now very creamy.

View attachment 18506

Final third.

Spice is still there....just.
The leather from the first third making a comeback and the mouthfell is so creamy its not funny.
Rolled the ash off again and didnt get much change in taste like i had the last time.
Coffee is there and you can start to taste the nicotine.
Pretty much like the first third with a couple of small changes to make it interesting enough to keep going.

IN CONCLUSION.
This smoke is fairly strong. i would suggest eating before smoking it, or atleast have something sweet to drink just incase.

I would have liked a spicy finish, but hey, you cant have everything.

Was this smoke good? Definately. good to the nub.
Would i buy this smoke again? DEFINATELY

Thankyou Bubba for gifting me this smoke. i enjoyed it immensely.

Hope you guys liked my review, even if you didnt, atleast can you say you did? :D

View attachment 18507

James

EDIT: thanks to a couple of unscrupulous comments from some people (you know who you are)
Leave my 'ashtray' ALONE :D

Last edited:
Thanks for a great first review and pix James. The Camacho Corojos are generally full bodied smokes and in some cases it does pay to have a full stomach prior to burning one of these sticks...:ss

Thanks for the review, James. I am a fan of figurados/torpedos. Sounds like you enjoyed a good smoke. :ss

Nice review-Camacho has yummy stuff!

PS-not jealous, but perhaps envious of your ashtray :)

They certainly do.

Its ok, everyone is a little envious of my ashtray, they just wont admit it :tu:ss

Thanks for a great first review and pix James. The Camacho Corojos are generally full bodied smokes and in some cases it does pay to have a full stomach prior to burning one of these sticks...:ss

Definately, i was actually surprised at the strength of these, especially because the smoke itself was actually nice and balanced.

Thanks for the review, James. I am a fan of figurados/torpedos. Sounds like you enjoyed a good smoke. :ss

Yessir i did, definately worth staying up till the wee hours of the morning for :ss

James

The Camacho Corojo was my first favorite smoke. I love those cigars. I have never had the Figurado though. Yeah they're a strong and smoking one on an empth stomach is quite the feat. As far as the ashtray it looks like it has a cigar rest and a place for the ashes so it's all good! I'm just trying to figure out how well your mouse works on top of your keyboard. :ss

The Camacho Corojo was my first favorite smoke. I love those cigars. I have never had the Figurado though. Yeah they're a strong and smoking one on an empth stomach is quite the feat. As far as the ashtray it looks like it has a cigar rest and a place for the ashes so it's all good! I'm just trying to figure out how well your mouse works on top of your keyboard. :ss

lol. its my backup mouse, the normal one lives on a mouse mat :D

you can never have too many mice though if you have a track record like mine

James

EDIT: it used to be my primary mouse, until i spilt guinness all over it, now i am to lazy to connect it again for fear of it not working :D

Back