Camacho Coyolar puro perfecto

replicant_argent

2X Secret Probation.Bitch
Stopped by my local (not so local 15 miles or so) B&M yesterday for a visit.
I like it when the wife forgets her lunch and I have to bring it to her.
:D

Well anyway, the shop is called Stogies on Grand. It is probably the most comfortable mom and pop tobacconists in the metro area. Great selection, fantastic lounge area, nice tv to watch cnn or whatever on.

My humidors at home overflow with goodness, but I had a hair to try something different. I asked the gal for some advice on a short smoke with a bit of spiciness to it. She recommended a few, with the Camacho and Punch being the two leaders in my mind as I browsed the humi. Well, I planned on only buying one stick and smoking it last night, but I said what the hell and selected 2. The title stick and a punch gran puro. (roughly rothschild sized)
I decided to spark up the Camacho and smoke it there.
Ambience and Surrounding: Nice. dammit. Comfy, 72ish degrees, slightly smoky from other patrons. Big ass leather chair and a 50 inch tv in front of me.
Beverage: Bought a full bore Coke classic. Thought that with the punch of the stick, it might be good to have a sugary drink on hand, even after a blt wrap for lunch.
Pre light: nice looking cigar. Dark and smooth wrapper. solid construction. I joked to the gal at the counter that it seemed like a very small smoke to make such a nice looking figurado. Seemed like a waste of the rollers time.

Clipped it with the leashed palio at the counter and took it to the lounge.
I didn't have my lighter or cutter on me, except for the multi-punch on the key chain. A punch would be a bad plan of attack for a perfecto. I toasted the end with one of the shops matches, after waiting for the sulfur to burn off a bit. I know why I carry a lighter, matches are a bitch ;).

Got her lit, relaxed and sat back to enjoy. Had a little bit of a hard time keeping going, had to relight 2 or three times in the first half inch.

Tasted pretty nice. Full, a bit of sweetness, a bit of spice.

Lasted about 45 minutes or so, a fairly good time frame for me. I paid somewhere between 5 and 6 dollars for it, fairly painful for a devil site acolyte such as myself, but supporting this particular B&M is worth it.

The last third got nice and tasty, I enjoyed it more than the first 2 thirds, I left the shop with about an inch left and nubbed it in the car, pitched it out the window when I was afraid of burning my fingers and causing an incident on the freeway.

Overall, nice smoke, not too bad a value, if I could get these cheap enough on cbid, I would buy a box. I think the cbid value would be about 2 to 3 bucks a piece.

These are great little sticks for the money.. There aren't very many perfectos in this price range, and fewer yet as good as these.

I picked up a box for $60 from longashes back when they had the insanely low prices. The box is up to $100 there now, and with their high shipping rates it would be better to order elsewhere such as cigars international or holts. Even at $4 a stick this cigar is quite a bargain.

Back