Camacho Triple Corojo 10th Anniversary 6X60 P.B.

Bobb

je snork donc je suis
This cigar was gifted to me by a friend. It is a BEAUTIFUL stick. I thought I'd pay it respect by writing up a little review. I know other vitolas have been reviewed here, but I thought I'd start my own on the 6 x 60 Box-Pressed.

Cigar: Camacho Corojo 10th Anniversary
Vitola: 6X60 Box Pressed
Wrapper: Corojo - Binder: Corojo - Filler: Corojo
(I am guessing this is all grown in Honduras, but I'm not sure)

Appearance: WOW!! This is beautiful. A nice, silky, smooth, brown wrapper with little to no veins. This is probably one of the biggest Box-Pressed cigars I have seen.

Initial light up: I clipped this baby and lit her up. Nice amount of rich, creamy smoke. Slight earthy flavors to it. Very little spice which surprises me. I figured a triple corojo would pack a little kick and a lot of spice, but this was as smooth as silk. I detect a hint of black pepper in the flavor...but no spice. Beautiful gray ash that held on for almost two inches.

Half way though the smoke: Still tasting GREAT. No touch ups needed up to this point. It looked like it was going to start canoing, but it fixed itself just in time. The wrapper split just a little as I was about an inch from the band, but nothing severe to take away from the cigar's performance. Taste is still great. Slightly earthy still, but the black pepper flavor is making it's way to the fore ground (especially through the nose!). A touch more spice on the front of the tongue is coming into play as well (this is NOT a bad thing :dr). Still TONS of rich, smooth, creamy smoke...perfect for blowing smoke rings.

Last third of the cigar: Very minor touch up to the burn...I'm sure it would have corrected itself again, but I hit it with the torch lighter just to play it safe...I am REALLY enjoying this cigar and I would hate to risk it. Flavor is heavy on the pepper now with a little bit of woodiness. Spice jumped up a notch or two and coats the back of my mouth now. A very nice flavor I cannot identify has joined the party while snorking....kind of sweet and maybe a little acidic...could this be citrus? Whatever it is, I like it. One more little touch up with about an inch left to go. I am smoking this baby REALLY fast. I can't help myself. As soon as I take a puff, I want more right away. The fat RG is preventing it from heating up too much and getting bitter, so I don't feel bad puffing away at this one. Nubbing the cigar will not be a problem :D

Overall: Wow!

Appearance: 10
Taste: 10
Construction/Burn:8.5

I do not know the price point of this cigar since it was a gift, but I have seen other vitolas around at a few shops and they are not cheep. I would guess this is around an $18-$22 stick and worth every penny of it. Fantastic earthy/peppery flavors with just a hint of spice that continues to develop throughout the entire smoke. I do not know of any other triple corojos out on the market, but I think I need to find some. I would recommend this cigar to anyone and EVERYONE. I would say it is a pretty full bodied cigar, but oh so smooth. I'm not going to lie...my head is spinning a little. Not the kick I got from a pre-release Olive Series V, but I'm still very glad I ate my lunch today.

My recommendation...go out and buy one right now!!

Rock on
~Bobb

p.s. I burnt my fingers nubbing this guy :D

great review.. I had torpedo and it was delicious I name this cigar the cigar of the month. The only things that I detected on the palate was creamy and buttery.. no spice... even though Im kind of enjoying spicy cigar lately... :tu

Back