Camacho Triple Maduro - Not for the faint of heart.

Budprince

SilverBack
I finally got around to trying the Triple Maduro tonight. I like!

The shape of the stick I had was like the Camacho Liberty

The wrapper beautifully dark, oily and rich almost flawless. It was a firm stick and before I lit it, I have to say I was worried about what the draw would be like.

I punched this cigar like I do most. The light was easy and the draw was perfect.

The ash, light gray and fell for the first time at 2 1/2 in.

The aroma was full and the flavor began very rich and full.. As I smoked it the flavor became a little more complex, hints of chocolate and spice. The smoke remained nice and cool through out the smoke, which was good given who full and spicy the cigar was.

I had heard that you need to have some food in you before smoking this beast, and I have to say I'm glad I had eaten dinner before I went to it. It was quite a heady experience.

I really liked this smoke and even at $11, I might get a few for the humi for when I'm in the mood for a real bold smoke.

I'd give it a thumbs up! :tu:ss

Sounds like a kick-butt cigar! I will have to add that one to my "to try" list. Thanks for the review, Bud. :ss

I'm smoking one as I type this. I was also a little worried about the draw given that the stick seemed so firm. It's turning out to be a great smoke. Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the nice review! Have only had a chance so far to smoke one and I really liked it, will certainly get more in the future.

I finally got around to trying the Triple Maduro tonight. I like!

The shape of the stick I had was like the Camacho Liberty

The wrapper beautifully dark, oily and rich almost flawless. It was a firm stick and before I lit it, I have to say I was worried about what the draw would be like.

I punched this cigar like I do most. The light was easy and the draw was perfect.

The ash, light gray and fell for the first time at 2 1/2 in.

The aroma was full and the flavor began very rich and full.. As I smoked it the flavor became a little more complex, hints of chocolate and spice. The smoke remained nice and cool through out the smoke, which was good given who full and spicy the cigar was.

I had heard that you need to have some food in you before smoking this beast, and I have to say I'm glad I had eaten dinner before I went to it. It was quite a heady experience.

I really liked this smoke and even at $11, I might get a few for the humi for when I'm in the mood for a real bold smoke.

I'd give it a thumbs up! :tu:ss

Rob (smokinpoke) hit me up with ones of these tonight.
It's funny that you said that the wrapper was flawless, cuz the ones we had looked all funked up. The cigar was really tightly rolled - so I had a helluva time getting a decent draw out of it. I didn't get any of the spiciness or boldness that I was expecting from Camacho. Rob said the same thing. I may have to try another of these, but at $11 plus, the Coronado by La Flor Dominicana gets my money everytime.

I had one last night. It was ugly but had a real easy draw. Tons of smoke. I was so pissed off that I didn't feel any of it but I certainly felt better after smoking it, lighting a fire and beating the shit out of a log. It was not nearly as spicy as I was expecting. Very tasty and smooth all the way down.

They're smooth and tasty, but I, too, was expecting a lot more from it. I was nearly scared of it for the first few months in my humidor. After smoking it, I was a little let down.

That would be too much for me....I am not grown'd up enough yet... I should try a puff or two though... I like tasting :)

I smoked one that Mark (Conch) gifted me a few weeks ago. I really like that cigar. Very tasty, very attractive cool band. I enjoyed that with some brews at the brewery before going to the movies. Thanks again Mark.

BTW I smoked that Camacho Diadema on Christmas Morning, WOW. Very potent, very tastey, thanks for that one also.

Saw this one at the tobacconist the other day. Wanted to get one and try it but my wallet wouldn't let me.:hn

That would be too much for me....I am not grown'd up enough yet... I should try a puff or two though... I like tasting :)

They are my hands down favorite cigar. Not very complex but I love the flavor so no problems there. But don't worry that they'll be too powerful for ya. I've given some to newbs and they were as impressed as I was. It's more smooth rich and creamy than a kick but cigar like the Corojo or Coyolar. Luckily I found a place online that sells them pretty cheap so I got four boxes to tide me over. I'm really gonna be bummed when these are gone.

Been waiting for my local to get these in(about 3 months now:mad:)
Can't wait to try one. Thanks for the review.

Back