Camacho Triple Maduro

reggiebuckeye

Proud Member of the 1%.
The guy at my B&M told me they just got a box in today, so of course I bit. I sampled a Camacho Corojo earlier this week, so I had to have one.

Construction: Wonderful black oily wrapper. Good shape, size and weight. 50 x 4.5 was my choice of size. decent cut with the Xikar. 9/10

Pre-light draw: Nice easy draw. No problems at all. Delicious woody taste to start. 9/10

Light: I got a little carried away on the light. It came through very strong. yes, I cooked it. I let it settle a little once I realized the taste was a bit too strong and bitter.

Burn and taste: After the purge and settle, the taste in the first third was delicious. It had a nice strong woodsy taste. Wasn't peppery. This cigar gave good smoke and kept me wanting more. Taste remained pretty consistent through out. It also had the same wood flavored after taste as the Corojo. It did get a little stronger as it went on, but it was not over powering. I had no real problems, just one relight in the second third.
Burn 8/10. Taste 9/10

Overall, I would recommend this cigar to those full bodied smokers out there. This is not a breakfast smoke. I had not eaten and it almost got me. I do not usually get buzzed on a cigar, but this one hit me hard. definitely an after meal smoke. I bought four more on the way out the door.
9/10

I was just about to start a "Someone tell me about the Camacho Triple Maduro" thread. Glad I searched :D

I know. I am falling in love with the Camacho line. This is not good. I can not fall in love with another line of cigars. It just isn't financially possible. that thing is still on my mind though.

Nice...I live in Monroe. Have another CS member here with me and 2 more in Toledo area.

Cool, check my thread in the Herf section. I would like to try and get some local people together for some good fun.:tu Let me know if interested or have any other ideas on where to meet.:ss

Thanks for the review :tu I want to try them but at their current pricing structure I'll have to pass. Good maduro can be had for a quarter of the price.....

Back