Can a bovedia humidipak be revived?

Mindflux

Lowland Gorilla
I found my humidipak I stashed away ages ago. The boveda packet is hard as a rock. The packet itself says it'll absorb moisture if needed to keep the humidity at 69%. Do you think if I tossed a damp paper towel with DI water on it in there and zipped it up I'd have the packet back in a working state?

:ss

No you can't recharge them.

LIES ALL LIES! How do they absorb humidity if you 'can't recharge them'? :hn

Well I'll send you a dried hard as a rock one and you recharge it to show us how it's done.

For the rest of the world - no, once they are dried out they will not recharge. In addition, according to their website: "Packets last two months in most humidors."

Ron

LIES ALL LIES! How do they absorb humidity if you 'can't recharge them'? :hn

not lies they do obsorb the extra RH.. if you are using the boveda paks alone you will not have to worry about that extra RH, but once they are dried out they are done they are not recommended to be recharge.. they are design to last atleast 3 months but if you use another source for your humidifer along with the boveda they will last a lot longer.. boveda the way to go worry free.. :ss:tu

Well I'll send you a dried hard as a rock one and you recharge it to show us how it's done.

For the rest of the world - no, once they are dried out they will not recharge. In addition, according to their website: "Packets last two months in most humidors."

Ron

I've seen it done. And I would tell you how it's done if you didn't make it a challange :ss

Back