Can These Cigars be Saved

Txdawg

Gorilla
I have a friend that was going through his garage several months ago and he found an unopened box of Upmann cigars from Cuba no less. Keep in mind that this garage is in Houston where the temperature gets pretty hot. He said he couldn't remember how long they have been there. I told him to just put the box in his refrigerater until he got a good humidor.

Well that was a couple months ago and now he has a good humidor set up. Think there is any chance of these cigars being any good?

I would think not but there really is only one way to find out.

What is the vitola and box code? Just curious.

I'm with Peter in that I feel that it is extremely unlikely that these can be saved (but) stranger things have happened. Either way interested in both the particulars on the cigars themselves and of course the outcome.

yea chances are its lost all its natural oil and is just totally dried out...not to mention beetles...

I have a friend that was going through his garage several months ago and he found an unopened box of Upmann cigars from Cuba no less. Keep in mind that this garage is in Houston where the temperature gets pretty hot. He said he couldn't remember how long they have been there. I told him to just put the box in his refrigerater until he got a good humidor.

Well that was a couple months ago and now he has a good humidor set up. Think there is any chance of these cigars being any good?

No, they can't be saved... and putting them in the refrigerator will just make things worse actually. Tell him to throw them out.

tell him to make sure not to put these ANYWHERE near his "good humidor set up" as they could and most likely will ruin his other cigars!

i would let them sit for a couple months in the humi then bust one out and find out how it is, you never know, this could be some new way of aging that no one knows about yet

i agree too, that seems to be the most proper way to dispose of them. of course they might be so awful by now that they're unstomachable :) such a shame...

I actually found my ild 10 stick humi that was in my parents garage since i got out of hs in 1997. I thought it got stolen and never though about it.
Well this was about 6 months ago when my stepdad found it and it was full.
The garage is unheated and in pretty bad shape when we demo'ed it so the conditions were not the best. Some how the lid was almost vacumed sealed and the sticks inside were fine. they also had a nice bit of bloom on them.
you never know they may still be salvaged.

Didn't you post that question earlier Pnoon? Or am I seeing things? LOL... He mentioned above he wasn't sure on the box code, but would find out this weekend
Scott

Didn't you post that question earlier Pnoon? Or am I seeing things? LOL... He mentioned above he wasn't sure on the box code, but would find out this weekend
Scott

You are correct, sir. I am an idiot! :hn
Please disregard post number 17.

Back