Can you have a Med/Full Without Spice/Pepper

Munt

Maturing Primate
At the risk of being called a Saladboy (My son can`t say Sallyboy yet) I must admin that I am not a huge fan of the Spice. As a noob I call Spice the pepper you get when you breathe out through your nose.

So is it possible or is that what makes a stick Med/Full. Sorry I can`t use my question mark key, it`s acting strangely.

Regards,

Munt!!!

At the risk of being called a Saladboy (My son can`t say Sallyboy yet) I must admin that I am not a huge fan of the Spice. As a noob I call Spice the pepper you get when you breathe out through your nose.

So is it possible or is that what makes a stick Med/Full. Sorry I can`t use my question mark key, it`s acting strangely.

Regards,

Munt!!!

Hey Munt, not sure I fully understand your question although it's been my experience that there are some great Cigars that have nice hints of spice that are not anything harsh like a pepper rush. The Partagas CC's specifically the PSD4's have a real nice spice taste even when they are young

Yes I think you can, for me they are:

Don Kiki Brown label
PAM
Padron Maduro - nearly any vitola
Oliva Series G

Now, if you can deal with/tolerate a touch of spice, not that I would consider black pepper, than your choices open up even more. But then again, some may find what I listed to be spicy. Its fairly subjective.

Romeo Y Julieta Cazadores are an example of a full bodied smoke without spice, and are available legally in Canada. :)

I think you can have some kick without the spice.

Last weekend I had a NORDING by Rocky Patel that was on the fuller side and it didn't have any spice.

A couple others that I consider med to full are the OLIVA Serie G Maduro and the ONYX Toro. Both have some get up and go without the spice. I reallt don't like spice when smoking. You should enjoy these.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions and keep them coming. I am still a noob and want to venture.

Thanks again,

Munt!!

I think the Indian Tabec Super Fuerte Maduro is a fine NC smoke that is smooth and doesn't have tha tharshness that I believe you are referring to.

What surprised me is how smooth and creamy the Camacho Triple Maduro is. A very nice smoke that is definately not a mild smoke.

Good luck with your hunt...I was in the exact same place as you 6 months ago.
You're in trouble now.

B:ss

CAO Brazilla(sp?) 6x60 (amazon) - None of the bite that I associate with spice/pepper and tons of flavor

What surprised me is how smooth and creamy the Camacho Triple Maduro is. A very nice smoke that is definately not a mild smoke.

I agree, the Camachos taste very smooth. So smooth that you think it's an easy, mild smoke... until the nicotine sledgehammer sets in!!
Tip: Don't try this on an empty stomach. I did and then had to lay down for half an hour in cold sweat...
:2

You might also like a Punch Rothchild MM or a Comacho SLR. The Comacho is the more full of the two, but not too much pepper, IMHO.

I think the Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 has a very full flavor without much pepper...but it knocks me on my butt almost every time. Love those.

Davidoff Aniversario No. 3 packs quite a punch and is full flavored during the last third of the cigar. Virtually no nose harshness. Rocky Patel Old World cigars have done fine by me, too.

I know what you mean about the "spice". I don't consider "spice" or "pepper" to be a virtue in a cigar and I will reduce the rating that I give a cigar if I cannot enjoy the additional flavor given by allowing the smoke to exit my nose without burning out my mucus membranes. If I want spice, I'll eat a bowl if chili, not smoke a cigar.

By the way, your question mark issues, if it's making É instead, you have your keyboard settings changed to Canadian French, or something similar.

By the way, your question mark issues, if it's making É instead, you have your keyboard settings changed to Canadian French, or something similar.

I Appreciate your help. I didn't even think about that.

Munt.

Munt,

I smoked a Romeo y Julieta Habano Reserve last night for the first time, and I believe this truly fits the bill of what you're looking for. Another that's more on the Full-Medium side but is EXTREMELY smooth is the Montecristo Platinum series....both of these are HIGHLY recommended by me. Hope you find these to your liking!

JWR:cf

I find the non-ligero Gurkhas that are advertised as medium to full-bodied to be med-ful and not very spicy.

I think the Indian Tabec Super Fuerte Maduro is a fine NC smoke that is smooth and doesn't have tha tharshness that I believe you are referring to.

Good luck with your hunt...I was in the exact same place as you 6 months ago.
You're in trouble now.

B:ss

The Indian Tabac is awesome for the price. Another great one is Mayorga Maduro. One of the best priced/consistent cigars I have found.

Back