CAO America Monument

Silound

Swamp Gorilla
So I had a long lunch break today, and I've been craving to try a stick with a "barber pole" wrapper for a while, since I've heard some interesting reviews.

So I stop by the local B&M and pick one of these up to try. Out of the three sizes, the Torpedo size grabbed my eye for some reason. So off I went to pay, sat down and lit up.

Length/Ring: 6 1/4 x 54
Shape: Torpedo
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Full
Quantity: 20

Construction was alright, nothing particularly good or bad worth noting. It really didn't have much of a prelight scent, pretty much smelled like earthy tobacco. The draw was firm but not too tight.

First half or so of the cigar was straight up nutty smooth flavor, very full in flavor, not so potent as to be full bodied. Very easy draw still, but the burn more or less changed depending on what side was held up. However, it corrected on it's own quickly when I rotated.

Second half picked up a slight spice, but still very smooth. Normally I don't like to smoke without a drink, but this is definitely one I could easily smoke and not get a dry mouth or river of saliva. The external smoke cloud was rather acrid to breathe, however once thinned, it carried a nice toasty smell, somewhat reminding me of toasted marshmallows.

As it got closer to nub, the heat didn't seem to be bothersome, however the tartness that tends to accompany burning tar reside began to pick up and I ended up putting it down at the 1.5" mark.

Overall, a pretty one-dimensional smoke, but nonetheless, a reasonably enjoyable one. I deem it somewhere around the mild-medium to medium bodied range. It would probably pair well with something like hot chocolate or other warm sweeter drinks, maybe a good aromatic coffee.

I would smoke them if gifted, however the price is just too high for a one-way stick. I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't any major changes in the profile...that kind of smoke does get boring quickly.

7.5/10 (would be an 8 but for the tendency to burn only on the "up" side)

So I had a long lunch break today, and I've been craving to try a stick with a "barber pole" wrapper for a while, since I've heard some interesting reviews.

So I stop by the local B&M and pick one of these up to try. Out of the three sizes, the Torpedo size grabbed my eye for some reason. So off I went to pay, sat down and lit up.

Length/Ring: 6 1/4 x 54
Shape: Torpedo
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Full
Quantity: 20

Construction was alright, nothing particularly good or bad worth noting. It really didn't have much of a prelight scent, pretty much smelled like earthy tobacco. The draw was firm but not too tight.

First half or so of the cigar was straight up nutty smooth flavor, very full in flavor, not so potent as to be full bodied. Very easy draw still, but the burn more or less changed depending on what side was held up. However, it corrected on it's own quickly when I rotated.

Second half picked up a slight spice, but still very smooth. Normally I don't like to smoke without a drink, but this is definitely one I could easily smoke and not get a dry mouth or river of saliva. The external smoke cloud was rather acrid to breathe, however once thinned, it carried a nice toasty smell, somewhat reminding me of toasted marshmallows.

As it got closer to nub, the heat didn't seem to be bothersome, however the tartness that tends to accompany burning tar reside began to pick up and I ended up putting it down at the 1.5" mark.

Overall, a pretty one-dimensional smoke, but nonetheless, a reasonably enjoyable one. I deem it somewhere around the mild-medium to medium bodied range. It would probably pair well with something like hot chocolate or other warm sweeter drinks, maybe a good aromatic coffee.

I would smoke them if gifted, however the price is just too high for a one-way stick. I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't any major changes in the profile...that kind of smoke does get boring quickly.

7.5/10 (would be an 8 but for the tendency to burn only on the "up" side)

Not that my :2 is worth anything, but I agree. I'd probably give it an 8/10 simply because the one I had seemed a little more med-full rather than mild-medium, and it was just right with a small glass of water to clean my palate. Overall, this review is dead-on and I'd always love to smoke another one....as long as they're on cbid for 50% less than normal :ss

Back