CAO America review

CAO America Landmark
6 X 60

I picked this up this morning at a local B&M who just got them in yesterday. So I am trying this pretty much right off the truck. The photos were taken with my cell phone because my camera just died, so they are not the best.
View attachment 14063
Unique pinstripe wrapper, a couple of big veins but smooth and rich looking.
Used my Palio to cut and a Ronson jet to light.Easy to light, first draw sweet.

View attachment 14064

First quarter inch had slight pepper and cedar taste. Easy draw with lots of medium bodied smoke. Half inch in it picks up some earthiness. Beautiful white/light gray ash inside and mostly white outside.
View attachment 14065
Two inches in it picked up some grassyness, the ash is staying strong. It started to lose most of the pepper task but developed more of a creamy cedar taste, no harshness at all.

At this point the ash dropped. Suddenly slight uneven burn. Started to get a bit hot but that usually happens to me with a sixty if I let the ash get to0 long because it starts burning quicker inside than out. I normally would have tapped the ash off sooner but I wanted to see how long it would stay for this review.

After taking it slow for another inch I tapped the ash and got a nice hot cone and it stayed cool after that.

Band was loose enough to let me slide it up out of harms way. Started to kick in some spice but stayed reasonably smooth.

Started to get a bit harsh in the last inch and half but did not get hot.

This cigar took me about 2 hours to smoke. I really enjoyed this one. I think letting it age for a bit will help out a lot. I will definitely pick up a couple to store for later enjoyment.

Thanks man, I just got 4 on a box split. I thought I would let them age for a while before I tried one.

Thanks man, I just got 4 on a box split. I thought I would let them age for a while before I tried one.
I doubt I could wait, im a sucker for "testing" 1-2 right off the truck. I like it that way, try right out the mail, hide them in the bottom of my cooler. Than 2-3 months later im like wtf whoa smoking these tonight! Just my :2

Just grabbed four today from my B&M. Gonna let 'em rest as long as I can. Seeing the track record I've had with CAO, I hope for the best with this one.

I've got a Potomac sitting in the humi...I may spark it soon. Nice looking sticks. Thanks for the review!

Just grabbed four today from my B&M. Gonna let 'em rest as long as I can. Seeing the track record I've had with CAO, I hope for the best with this one.

I believe aging would be best for these fine sticks. They do look good and I have to say patience should be worth it. They do look tempting tho.

Great review! I myself just smoked one yesterday (a potomac). I personally wasnt very impressed with it as I was with the Brazillia. It was a bit bland and harsh. Its too bad because I was really looking forward to smoking it. I think it might be better a little bit more aged.

Thanks for the nice review. I am thinking I will probably pick up a few of these once they cross my path. I am always willing to give any of the CAO vitolas a try.

CAOAmerica.jpg

Thanks for the nice review. I am thinking I will probably pick up a few of these once they cross my path. I am always willing to give any of the CAO vitolas a try.

CAOAmerica.jpg

:r!!!

Talk about your eye for detail, man...I sure didn't pick that up :D

Thanks for the great review. Always love the cigar pics. Lookin' forward to trying one of my own soon. :tu

Thanks for the review. I was hesitant on picking one up at my B&M the other day, but now I'll have try it. :tu

We got our box at Atlantic Cigar, an excellent web site I might add. We split a box with 3 other people.

Back