CAO America revisted

macjoe53

Alpha Silverback
In September I purchased five CAO America Potomacs. The first one I smoked pretty much echoed the initial reviews I have seen on the Americas. I decided to put them in my cooler and let them rest. I even separated them and placed a couple in different boxes with other cigars. When I smoked one in October it showed improvement. I had one in November and another in December and they were both decent smokes with more flavor than the first one.

Yesterday (to celebrate LSU beating Ohio) I pulled out my last America that had been "resting" in a box of MX2s. To be honest, I had to look at it a time or two after lighting to make sure I was smoking the America. It was greatly improved. The draw was easy throughout the smoke, it had plenty of smoke, it burned evenly all the way down to the nub and it had a wonderful flavor that made me wonder why I wasn't smoking more of them.

But as I put the nub down, I remembered what it was like initially, how much it cost and how long I had to let it sit before it reached this level of pleasure.

It left me undecided whether I will ever buy any more of them...

I've smoked 6 of the America's and think they're fantastic. The construction and burn on the ones I've smoked has been first class. Starting off with a hint of sweetness the flavor is consistent and complex.

I love these cigars and can't wait to smoke more of them. I definitely recommend ignoring the initial reviews and giving them a try. :ss

Join us for a cigar at:
www.oldeworldcigarlounge.com

IMO, regardless of how they age, there is no way these are worth what they are charging. I can get some $2-$3 Perdomos that will taste great after 6-12 months. I can get some $4-$5 fuentes that will taste AMAZING after 6-12 months. But unlike the CAO, they also taste pretty good out the box.

That is why this site is great, I totally disagree with you. I really like these cigars. Others dont.

Back