CAO Brazilia GOL!

taltos

Elder Jungle Leader
Any of the members who know me know that I despise doing reviews but I have not seen the Brazilia line reviewed in a while or at least reviewed by a totally ignorant palate (I can spell gud but not taste gud)! I also realize that this might not be the Brazilia that you initially smoked since in 2007 they added cellophane and allegedly changed the blend. I have tasted a 2005, 2006, and a 2008 which is the cigar upon which my review is based. For the record, outside of aging taking the edge off of the older cigars, the taste is very close. On to the review.
CAO Brazilia: 5 X 56
Wrapper: Dark Brazilian
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Folks, these are a jawbreaker of a cigar. They have a beautiful, oily wrapper with only the veins required to let the leaf grow. It seems that sometimes CAO picks their wrappers at the loss of the filler of the cigars. Thankfully for the two lines that I love, C X 2 and Brazilia, the wrappers and fillers have met in a match only made in Heaven.

Prelight and first third: Stunning oily dark, almost black wrapper with the smell of spices and citrus that I could not really place. It lit easily and evenly with no harsh taste and this was in a New England Coastal wind. If I did not rotate the cigar, it did burn fast on the windy side. I got flavors of dark chocolate and espresso coffee with a more earthy flavor that I have previously tasted in a Hoya Dark Sumatra Espresso.

Second Third: Dark chocolate has some spices added such as chili powder and maybe white pepper. The overall sensation of the chocolate and pepper is the spice flavor experienced when you cook a Mexican recipe with chocolate and chili peppers added.

Final Third: The chocolate and spice are still there and the citrus (lemon?) has returned. The espresso has also made a triumphant return and is fighting with the espresso for second place in flavors. As I already commented, the presentation by CAO is impressive and their placing a humipak in the box allowed me to smoke and review this cigar tonight. These comments will also apply to the Chango Tubo.

Ratings: Appearance: 9.4 (out of 10)
Taste: 8.75
Burn: 9.5
Constuction: 10
Value: 7 but I love the presentation

Hope that this review passes muster. Paul

Last edited:
Nice description of chocolate with peppers - how I remember it as well - a little bite with a smooth maduro-choco blend to it. I like the Brazilia's so I agree with the review - cool perspective you put in for sure - just the facts Man!

Thanks for the postive comments guys, I honestly feel that the CAO Brazilia has the best presentation of any cigar that I currently smoke. Something about those boxes and the tubes on the Changos and the almost perfect oily wrapper, colored in an almost perfect black. The Brazilias are currently my favorites along with the Oliva Serie G Maduros. :tu

Thanks for the postive comments guys, I honestly feel that the CAO Brazilia has the best presentation of any cigar that I currently smoke. Something about those boxes and the tubes on the Changos and the almost perfect oily wrapper, colored in an almost perfect black. The Brazilias are currently my favorites along with the Oliva Serie G Maduros. :tu

I've been wanting to get my hands on the Oliva Serie G Maduros havent had one yet. I love the Brazilia, though. I had a buddy gift me a two year old ipanema that almost left me speach less ALMOST!

Another great review on another great smoke. I had a single Amazon sitting at the bottom of my humi for about three years. Brought it over here to the sand box and smoked it two weeks ago. I was really blown away by how good it was. Definitely one to buy a box and age.

Thanks for the review- just had a box of Brazilia's show up today from CigarFox, this was a perfect lead-in to tonight's smoke.

Thanks for the great review! That is pretty much the only CAO that I will willingly smoke... :ss

Thanks for the great review! I am partial to the Golds and Blacks, so I have yet to try the Brazilia, but this definitely persuaded me! Looks like the B&M will be getting a visit this weekend!

Great review. Took a lunch hour stroll over to a local B&M and picked one up for this weekend.....errrrr....tonight.

You've experienced the lemon flavor I do in maduro wrappers. I don't know why, but I always pick up a lemon or citrus flavor in maduro wrappers.

Nice review. These used to be one my favorite cigars but the last few I had back in March or so were very tight. I fought with them as long as I could before I set them aside. I may pick up a couple soon and see if they do any better.

Good review as always if not very often. This is one of the CAO cigars that I keep comming back to. Better than the MX2.

Great review. The Brazilia is one of my favorite cigars. It is also my wife's favorite. She loves to smoke the Brazilia Cariocas (the miniature's in the tin's). Whenever I go to the local B&M, she will ask me to pick up another 5 pack.

Back