CAO Brazilia

Budprince

SilverBack
Immediately after getting home from work this evening, I went to my Humi and happened to pull this CAO Brazilia. If memory serves I got this stick from a bombing by StogeyJoe.
The dark brown wrapper drew my attention this evening so I selected this soldier.
The wrapper as I said was dark brown (a rich mahogany color) and had an oily appearance. The fragrance of the unlit stick was nice.
AS I light the cigar I noticed immediately a chocolaty flavor, full and rich. At one point I thought I detected an woody/cedar-like flavor, but the chocolate overtones continued throughout the smoke.
The draw was flawless, a real pleasure. The first ash fell at what looked like a little over 2 inches. The ash itself was a light gray.
Outside of the occasional overzealous puffing by me the smoke was nice and cool coming over my tongue - even the warmer smoke was pleasant.
at about 3 inches or so it started to get a little hot and more bitter and that's when I abandoned this fine smoke.
I truly enjoyed this stick and would recommend it to anyone who comes across it.

Last edited:
Great review! I am a fan as well, I picked them up from TNT when they had the 5ers for $15! :ss

Thanks for your great review!

I love the Gol's myself, and their a staple in my weekly rotation. These cigars have gained lots of popularity lately and its evident when looking at the price of the fivers available over at cbid.

Plenty of flavor, and an all-around great cigar. In my opinion, the best CAO has to offer.

I just smoked one of these last night. GOL! sized. 5x56. I will cast a decenting vote. I like dark, I like maduro. I did not like this. The draw on mine was so free I wished used a punch. The flavor nor the strenght was there. It never tasted as good as the smoke and stick would have suggested. For CAO, I like the Gold and Black much better.

Back