CAO Cameroon robusto

BlackIrish

ChestBeater
Cigar: CAO Cameroon robusto (5x50)
Wrapper: Cameroon
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua

Humidor time: 3 mos

Prelight: This box pressed robuto sports a beautiful colorado cameroon wrapper. Aromas of mild baking spice mixed with barnyard. Well filled, nicely rolled, and well constructed. Prelight draw was perfect and revealed more spice.

Burn: a very straight burn, producing an nice light ash and lots of smoke. I got slightly more than an hour's smoking time.

Flavor: At the start, I tasted some leather, some cedar, some earth, all layered over a hint of sweetness. The smoke was smooth and medium bodied. The Cameroon flavor was much less pronounced than in other cigars, but it was well blended and nicely balanced with the Nicaraguan filler. As the smoke progressed, the flavors built in intensity, but there wasn't a whole lot of change or complexity. Occasionally I'd detect some more sweetness on one draw, or a hint of almond/amaretto on another, maybe I thought I caught a shadow of chocolate on yet another.

Overall: I liked this cigar. It wasn't bold, or nuanced and sophisticated. It was softer, more gentle, and just good. I don't know how this would be in a larger vitola -- more complex? boring? or just tasty for a longer time? Recommended.

Back