CAO DVD "Seed to Soul"

tzaddi

jardinero de la selva
I just finished watching the CAO DVD titled "Seed to Soul". It is a very well done, informative, and quite an inspirational package.

Having grown tobacco and cared for it from seed to roll I felt a warm kinship in a humbling way.

If you get a chance to view it I highly recommend you do so. It would be a good one to loop durng a small get together while guests mill about quenching their passions with smoke and drink.

Although it is an advertisement for CAO, it is much more with the great photography in the accompanying booklet and fine cinematography throughout. The music by Erico Shulz stands on its own, his guitar asks me, "donde está mi sangría". Besides the Ozgener family you have guest appearances by Nestor Plasencia, Charlie Toran, Fidel Olivas and a shout out to the Perdomo family in the credits.

The overall package was an A+, mouth watering scenes of bundles upon bundles of CAO cigars.

—Richard

Last edited:
Great review, thanks!

I've been lookin' to get that movie, but I can't find it ANYWHERE outside of the commemorative packaging w/the sampler-pack. C.A.O. is by far my favorite NC cigar company, and I love the way the really seem to care about the industry and the product.

I just finished watching the CAO DVD titled "Seed to Soul". It is a very well done, informative, and quite an inspirational package.

Having grown tobacco and cared for it from seed to roll I felt a warm kinship in a humbling way.

If you get a chance to watch it I highly recommend it. It would be a good one to loop durng a small get together while guests mill about quenching their passions with smoke and drink.

Although it is a well done advertisement for CAO, it is much more with the great photography in the accompanying booklet and fine cinematography throughout. The music by Erico Shulz stands on its own. Besides the Ozgener family you have guest appearances by Nestor Plasencia, Charlie Toran, Fidel Olivas and a shout out to the Perdomo family in the credits.

—Richard

Awesome review man, If you ever find somewhere to just get the DVD, or a copy ill be 100% for it . I just dont have the cash for the whole pakage haha-

Great review, thanks!

I've been lookin' to get that movie, but I can't find it ANYWHERE outside of the commemorative packaging w/the sampler-pack. C.A.O. is by far my favorite NC cigar company, and I love the way the really seem to care about the industry and the product.

Yeah, I picked up the package from CBID and it arrived today. It was $31, a bit pricey but I have;
- CAO Brazilia Samba
- CAO Cx2 Beli
- CAO Criollo Pato
- CAO L’Anniversaire Cameroon Belicoso
- CAO L’Anniversaire Maduro Churchill
- CAO Gold Label Corona Gorda
- CAO Italia Ciao
reviving in the humidor as we speak, they where a bit dry but I expect great things from them after a week or so in the cooler.

Come on over for a smoke and we will pop it in the DVD player:)

Re: CAO DVD "Seed to Soul"-follow-up

I wrote to Jon A. Huber, Chief Marketing Officer, CAO International, Inc. asking for a special deal for Club Stogie members that wished to obtain a copy of the DVD.

Here is his reply;

Richard - Thank you for your interest in CAO.

Our CAO "Seed to Soul" DVD is available for purchase on our website (caocigars.com) on our M.E.R.C.H. page ("Accessories" category). The price is $15.95.

Kind Regards,

Jon A. Huber
Chief Marketing Officer
CAO International, Inc.
For $29.95 you can get the DVD along with 7 great cigars in a nice box.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=SP-AOMISC5&stext=CAO+Comm

I thought a certain quantity free would be a great price since it is a promotional piece. No matter it is still a great DVD and a must have and view for any fan of the leaf and especially a CAO herfer.

Man, I guess I just don't have the pull I used to command when I worked for SBC..anyway..here is the web address
http://www.caocigars.com/cao_store/...format=productsdetail.html&-RecID=36339&-find

Richard—over & out

*note these links worked at the time of the post but...

Last edited:
How long is the DVD (30 min, 1hr..)?

I'm tempted to buy this sampler pack, but have spent so much on cigars the last few weeks that my wife will kill me.

Great review, thanks!

If I can find my copy (It's floating around in my house that is being boxed up for a move) I'll drop it to you in the mail. It's a good enjoyable video and If luck is in my favor, should be able to locate this thing on Friday or Saturday.

Shoot me your Addy when you get the chance and I'll drop it in the mail on Saturday.

I have this lying around the house somwhere as well, I should take a look at it this weekend. Thanks for the review.

How long is the DVD (30 min, 1hr..)?

I believe it is a little under 30 minutes. I watched it at my local B&M when it first came out and then purchased the DVD with the cigars. I found it very informative and worth watching even with all the CAO marketing fluff.

Scott

Does any one know where to get a cd with Erico Shulz ?

I must apologize for my typing skills. Hopefully the moderator will let me go in and edit my review. The correction would read "Erico Schulz" not "Erico Shulz".

How do I contact the moderator to address this?

With that said, Erico does not seem to be available through many of the traditional outlets, Amazon, iTunes, etc. but he does have his own website where you can contact him and I would assume order his CDs. You can also listen to several tracks while there.

http://www.ericoschulz.com/

I did notice that his site was not fully compatible with some browsers, so if you have problems try another browser.

You might also like the music of Ottmar Liebert.

Get all of those senses working.

Shouldn't it be "From seed to sold out":ss

Of course you are referring to the recent (January) news release that Henri Wintermans Cigars, USA Inc., a sister company of ST Cigar Group Holdings (STCG) has acquired CAO International.

See
http://www.top25cigar.com/a_apps/anm/anmviewer.asp?a=508&z=3
for the full story.

Henri Wintermans Cigars, USA Inc. has brought you such brands as; Café crème, Henri Wintermans Founder's Blend, Nobel Petit, Blues, Chambord, REAS, Colts, Che, Van Hartog and of course everyones favorite Old Port.
http://www.henriwintermans.com/

Henri Wintermans Cigars is the big #3 in the cigar world market.

I hope this business transaction reulsts in positive things for the CAO product.

I just noticed that the entire "Seed to Soul" video can be viewed at the CAO web site...bravo.:tu

Just go to the CAO homepage http://caocigars.com/ then access the pop-out menu on the left, from there select multimedia and then select video. Happy viewing.

—Richard

Back