CAO Gold Maduro?

physiognomy

From a land down under...
Has anyone tried these??? I saw them listed as an exclusive in a recent Thompson's catalog... After liking the Blacks so much I'm thinking about picking up a 10pk to try, but I was hoping to hear some thoughts before I pulled the trigger.

CAO Gold Maduro

No havent ttied one but the natural wasnt that bad of a smoke, nothing to rave about but maybe the maduro will have a little bit of a stronger flavor profile. Definitly gotta try one.

CAO Gold Maduro Churchhill - It has an attractive toothy, slightly shiny/oily wrapper. Prelight sniffs had a barnyard odor that I often if
not always detect and an ever so faint trace of ammonia? Nice cap took a clean cut with my $4.00 cutter (someday a Palio, someday). Easy light, good draw and generous thick white smoke. Light gray ash fell off at about a half an inch when I set it down the first time and got to nearly an inch before dropping the second time. A bit of a harsh bite for the first half to three fourths inch, then mellowed nicely after (or I got used to it). Even, slightly scalloped consistent burn. Almost half way down it became even more smooth and mellow and I noticed hints of a semi-sweet coffee flavor. The last fifth or so tried to go out on me, but I got it going
again with a few quick draws and got a bad taste. The bad taste cleared with a sip of my previously iced, now watered down E&J VSOP and I enjoyed it to the nub before saying goodbye to another little friend. It lasted a little over an hour.

:ss

I tried one; I liked it a lot more than the natural, but probably because I don't like most connecticuit wrappers. Medium strength building to medium-full at the end and very one dimensional. Not bad though :tu

Back