CAO Humidor doesn't seem to seal properly

NAV3

Young Ape
My GF bought me a CAO Black 100 Count humi for V.D. Before i went to season it I noticed what seemed like a little bit of creaking from the wood everytime i closed the lid. So my next move was to do a light test to check if it still sealed properly, as the lid seemed as if it had warped. I took a flashlight and set it inside the humi so that it was shooting its beam towards the side where it seemed to be warped. I can notice some light coming through. Before I go and send this back for a new one, is there anyway it can be quick fixed, or is a minimal amount of light even a big problem?

My GF bought me a CAO Black 100 Count humi for V.D. Before i went to season it I noticed what seemed like a little bit of creaking from the wood everytime i closed the lid. So my next move was to do a light test to check if it still sealed properly, as the lid seemed as if it had warped. I took a flashlight and set it inside the humi so that it was shooting its beam towards the side where it seemed to be warped. I can notice some light coming through. Before I go and send this back for a new one, is there anyway it can be quick fixed, or is a minimal amount of light even a big problem?

Light = Bad!

The problem is, if you attempt to fix it, and can't, the seller may refuse to take it back, especially if you damage it in the attempt.

If you try to fix it, try melting a non-aromatic wax onto the wood in bad area, and smoothing it down until you get a good seal. This attempt will almost probably maybe keep the seller from accepting it as a return!

If it won't hurt your gf's feelings, I think I would return it for a new one, and check it out before you leave the shop!

Good luck. Sounds like you might have a "keeper" of a GF!

Light = Bad!

The problem is, if you attempt to fix it, and can't, the seller may refuse to take it back, especially if you damage it in the attempt.

If you try to fix it, try melting a non-aromatic wax onto the wood in bad area, and smoothing it down until you get a good seal. This attempt will almost probably maybe keep the seller from accepting it as a return!

If it won't hurt your gf's feelings, I think I would return it for a new one, and check it out before you leave the shop!

Good luck. Sounds like you might have a "keeper" of a GF!

yeah she got it from CI so I hope the next one is alright thanks for the reply :ss

Yeah they're sending out a replacement. I really hope the next one is okay. I've heard CAO Humidors are generally pretty high quality. I'm thinking maybe the cold temperatures warped the lid/seal during shipping.

Back